LinuxInsider: It is based on the Fedora Linux desktop but goes well beyond Fedora's approach.
- From US Military to International Banking and External ‘Review’ of EPO ‘Investigations’ (Union-Busting and War on Dissent)
- Staff Union of the European Patent Office Sends Out a Striking Message With a T-Shirts Campaign
- 7 Reasons to Join the Strike at the European Patent Office
- Abolir la Corte Suprema y la Toma del Congreso en Patentes, Dice David Kappos, Sólo Escuchen a Mr. Kappos y Refuerzen Las Patentes de Software
- Muestra Solidaridad a tus Compañeros Trabajadores. Ponte en Huelga Mañana
- Show Solidarity to Fellow EPO Workers. Go on Strike Tomorrow.
- Links 6/4/2016: KDE Vision for the Future, Vivaldi 1.0
As reported earlier, Canonical started seeding the major Ubuntu Touch OTA-10 software update to Ubuntu Phone users, as a phased upgrade during the next 24 hours.
Today, April 6, 2016, Manjaro Linux ARM developer Josh Crowder reports on the work done so far towards a final release for the anticipated port of the Arch Linux-based operating system to embedded and IoT (Internet of Things) devices.
The Gumstix Colibri i.MX6 Development Kit comprises a Gumstix Colibri i.MX6 Dev Board, along with a Newhaven 4.3-inch resistive touchscreen. There’s also a 5V adapter, a USB micro-B to A cable, and a microSD card preconfigured with a Linux distribution based on Yocto Project components.
Today, April 6, Canonical has announced the availability of new kernel versions for its Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf), Ubuntu 15.10 for Raspberry Pi 2, and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) operating systems.
TuxMachines: The Linux Foundation Partners with Kids on Computers to Support the Next Generation of Open Source Professionals
At The Linux Foundation we support a variety of community initiatives and organizations that are advancing free and open source software and creating opportunities for people from all backgrounds and ages to contribute. We focus this support through partnerships, donations and activities like the workshop we’re planning with Kids on Computers.