by Xarzu
5 years 1 week ago
by gfranken
Syndicate content

More in Tux Machines

today's howtos

Librem 5 Updates and Interviews

• Librem 5 December 2019 Software Update

Although we’re well into 2020, the changelog-style software progress reports for the turn of the year have yet to be published. Let’s fix that by giving a brief update of what happened in December. Some of the activities below were already mentioned in their own articles in Purism’s news archive; others will be covered in more depth in future articles. This is just a taste of all the work that goes into making the Librem 5 software stack. You can follow development more closely at source.puri.sm.

• An Interview with fphemeral: Community Member & Librem 5 Early Adopter

I recently had the pleasure of chatting with fphemeral, a longtime Purism community member, Librem 13 user and Librem 5 early-adopter. What stood out about fphemeral’s story was how big of role community and the the flexibility of our products played on his journey to improved privacy. Like many of our passionate community members, fphemeral is also developing a range of useful apps for his Librem 5 and sharing them with the community. Here’s the full conversation we recently had on Librem Chat.

Android Leftovers

Latte bug fix release v0.9.9

Every distro providing Latte v0.9.x it is suggested to update to v0.9.9 because that will improve the Latte new users experience vastly [kde#417886]. Through the mentioned bug report I discovered that initialization of config files during startup it was not valid for all new users. There were cases that configuration files were not consistent with v0.9.x implementation. Old users using Latte since v0.8.x days are not influenced by that. Read more