- How to Make Ubuntu 13.04 Look Like Windows 7
- People behind ubuntu quality: Javier
- Facts and Fictions About GNU/Linux Desktops
- New repoman option “–include-arches”
- Knock for OpenSSH
- Sizing up open source: Not so simple
- Overview of Linux capabilities, part 2, part 3
- Vriting Vim Plugins in Python
- EasyShutdown: Lets you Schedule Shutdowns in Ubuntu
- Free (with strings attached): Keeping track of open-source code
- Build your own cloud – Tutorial
- Linux Outlaws 309 – I’m with Lex Luthor
- LinuxFest NW PT 2 | LAS s26e09
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 315
- How to Dual Boot and Virtualize the Same Partition on Your Computer
- $599 for Alienware X51 mini gaming PC with Ubuntu
- Do unseen passwords really need masking?
- Elive 2.1.40 Is Based on Debian 7.0 Wheezy
- Xubuntu 13.04 review - Et tu, Brute?
- improve Ubuntu Laptop Power Management
- Ten Reasons Why You Can Use GNU/Linux
- How Linux found its home in the enterprise
- Upgrade from squeeze to wheezy
- The Bank, the Budget and the OS Shocker
- A Review of UbuntuKylin: Chinese ubuntu
- The Linux Setup - Gary Newell, EverydayLinuxUser.com
- ‘Effects’ of Using ‘preload’ (‘readahead daemon’) in Ubuntu 13.04
- What Social Media (And the World) Owes to Open Source
- Adventures in PC-BSD LXDE Part 1
pcworld.com: Now occupying the No. 5 spot on DistroWatch, Debian consistently resides within the site's top-10 list of page-hit rankings. The software is available as a free download to install or take for a test drive. Here's a small sampling of some of the key new improvements.
- Best Linux photo editors: 6 top image suites on test
- Left 4 Dead 2 has been Released
- Must-Have Ubuntu Software Titles
- GNOME Music: Reaching the end of phase one.
- Highly Recommended Linux Applications for Photographers
- The Future and KDE PIM
- Are you perfectly satisfied with your file manager?
- Portal now available on Linux, Portal 2 may be on the way
- GNOME Extensions Spicing Up the Desktop Experience
zdnet.com: The International Space Station's laptops are moving from Windows to Linux, and R2, the first Linux-powered humanoid robot in space, is now under-going in-flight testing.
infoworld.com: Jim Whitehurst also explains why he sees a grim future for desktop Linux even as the open source OS gains importance
Also: What went wrong with MeeGo?
h-online.com: Coverity has called Linux the "benchmark of quality" in its newly published 2012 Coverity Scan Open Source report. Linux 3.8's 7.6 million lines of code has a defect density of .59.
siliconindia.com: But what makes a Linux OS to be called the most desired one? The experience, the user-friendly attitude, knowledge in troubleshooting and the most important one, the boot time. So without further adieu, let’s take a look at the five fastest booting Linux distributions.
Welcome to this year's 18th issue of DistroWatch Weekly! Ubuntu's latest release, while not among the most innovative or adventurous ones, continues to intrigue many casual and home users (business users are probably more comfortable with one of LTS releases). Still, many are wondering whether they should risk an upgrade to a new but rather unremarkable release.
- Monty Widenius: There is no reason at all to use MySQL
- The Elegant Mageia Linux Prepares a New Release
- Linux Shorts: Sabayon 13.04, Korora 18, and SythOS
- Mozilla Releases Firefox OS Sim 3 As Extension
- Mapping the Apache Software Foundation
- Linux Mint 14: Sound Issues
- People behind ubuntu quality: Sergio
- Spy vs. Spy; Wikipedia Sports New DB
- The first web server, first web browser
- I am vi, the great and powerful . .
- Auto-EDID Results [updated]
- Dear Schmuck
- Turbulenz Game Engine Open-Sourced
- Weekly Fedora kernel bug statistics – May 03
- The Linux Link Tech Show Episode 503
Most of the guides you will see using this utility mine included cover how to get Ubuntu 12.04 the LTS version working, however there is also scope within the command line to get the latest and greatest up and running. specifically the -r switch. Issuing the following command will provide you with a bare bones Ubuntu 13.04 install
linuxuser.co.uk: We pit six Raspberry Pi operating systems against one another to find out which one is the king of the tiny computer distros
omgubuntu.co.uk: Steam for Linux users rejoice! Valve has released a Portal Beta for Linux on Steam