Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
Affinity is a front end desktop search tool that uses Beagle or Tracker as backend desktop search engine. Some of the current features in Affinity are:
* Front-end to both the Beagle & Tracker desktop search engines.
* Has actions (configurable through Desktop files), which speeds up common tasks.
* Has in-built, user-configurable, filters which work in the the entry box, so typing ‘pics:london’ will only bring up pictures.
* Super-fast application searching through an in-built list of applications.
* Colors can be customized to your taste.
* Lives in the system-tray, but can be called by a global key stroke. Default is Ctrl+Alt+a, but you can change it to anything you like!
* Written in C for minimal impact on your system, but maximum speed!