Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
With an avalanche of last-minute commits, the KOffice Google Summer of Code students finished yet another great Summer of Code. We had some very exciting projects this year, and most of them were as great a success as last year.
This year we had:
* Emanuele Tamponi, Painterly Features for Krita (Mentor: Bart Coppens)
* Fredy Yanardi, Text-tool plugins for KOffice apps (Mentor: Tomas Mecir)
* Marijn Kruisselbrink, Music Notation support for KOffice (Mentor: Boudewijn Rempt)
* Pierre Ducroquet, Improve OpenDocument Compatibility in KWord (Mentor: Sebastian Sauer)
* Sven Langkamp, Selection Visualisation (Mentor: Casper Boemann)
We had one disappointment this year, our student due to work on collaborative editing disappeared, only to surface around mid-term with a code drop — before disappearing again. So no collaborative editing in KWord this year. You cannot win them all.
But the other five students have delivered outstanding work, often going far beyond what their mentors thought possible initially. Let's take a look at what they have done up to now!