Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
Mandriva Linux 2009 Release Candidate 1 (code name camelopard) is available on public mirrors now (or will be in the coming hours).
The main new features of RC1 (compared to Beta2) are:
* automatic repository configuration and mirror selection in package management tools (powered by aria2);
* ath5k replaces madwifi for Atheros wireless cards;
* new graphical theme (backgrounds, screensavers);
* based on kernel 2.6.27 (rc5 ATM);
* KDE 4.1.1;
* KDE 3.5.10 (not on ISO);
* GNOME 2.23.91 (ie 2.24.0 Beta 2);
* new design for installer (not complete yet);
* improved system-config-printer;
* improved Ia Ora theme for KDE4 (not complete yet);
* and many others features and bugs fixes.