Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
I worked a bit on some user-interface improvements for kdepim applications. So far I worked on KOrganizer and Akregator.
Here is a screenshot of KOrganizer when I started:
My first change was to remove all double-margins from the main window:
This gives more room for actual content, but the event indicators (the green up and down arrows indicating some events are outside the view) was wasting some vertical space. I replaced them with overlayed indicators:
You might notice I got a bit creative here: I didn’t use an icon for the indicators. Instead I used unicode characters representing arrows, namely “UPWARDS DASHED ARROW” or U+21E1: ⇡ and “DOWNWARDS DASHED ARROW” or U+21E3: ⇣ (Thanks to KCharSelect for making it easy to search for arrow characters)