linuxadvocates.com: I have read the esteemed +Martin Gräßlin's post entitled Fanboys in Free Software and completely agree with his point of view. It is quite sad that the true innovators are hated with such vilification. To the point, I share with you today my own experience with Haters.
phoronix.com: For those looking for the latest drama in the Ubuntu Linux land, the fighting over whether KDE and GNOME should support the Mir Display Server to complement the in-development Wayland support continues to be hotly discussed.
phoronix.com: With Canonical's planned adoption of their in-house Mir Display Server over the next year rather than using an X.Org Server or Wayland, derivatives such as KDE-based Kubuntu continue to fear the change and what exactly the options will be.
- Ubuntu Desktop Convergence
- The sorry state of services in Ubuntu
- How to Change System Language in Ubuntu
- System76 introduces new high-end Ubuntu Linux laptops
- Can you run Ubuntu/Unity on 32-Bit?
- Lubuntu 13.10 To Have Firefox by Default, Disregard its Daddy
- Get Rid Of “System Program Problem Detected” error
mybroadband.co.za: Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Shuttleworth’s bid to have South Africa’s exchange control system declared unconstitutional could have a devastating effect on the country.
datamation.com: Should you buy a laptop with Ubuntu pre-installed, purchase a Windows system or go for a PC without a pre-installed operating system?
mybroadband.co.za: Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Shuttleworth has taken the South African government to court to have the country’s exchange control system declared unconstitutional.
- Ubuntu holds its own
- Canonical's free Ubuntu Operating System breathes life into old PCs
- Enable Hibernate Feature In Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 13.10 Readies Arrival of Smarter Unity Dash
- Automount partitions in Ubuntu & Mint
- Ubuntu Phone Demo
internetnews.com: Dreamhost isn't making the move to Wheezy which was recently released. Instead Dreamhost is moving to Ubuntu - apparently because they see it as being more stable.
- 30 Things I did After Installing Ubuntu 13.04
- shuttleworth: mobile android replace ms as top challenges
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 319
- Unity 8, Mir Changes Landed Last Week
- The Ubuntu PC Case Mod
- Since When Was Ubuntu A Community Distro?
- Ubuntu FOSS Community: Merely Chumps Looking In
- Ubuntu Opens Portal to Rejected Community
- Surface Pro Owner? Here’s How to Install Ubuntu
- Printing with Ubuntu and Why Microsoft Will Never Be Obsoleted
linuxadvocates.com: When Canonical Ltd. chose to create Skunkworks, Ubuntu ceased being a community Distro. If there are gradations between one extreme black (proprietary) and white (community, open source) Ubuntu has moved in the grey scale towards black ever so slightly.
Also: Fork Ubuntu to Preserve Community Participation
pcmag.com: Shuttleworth, the founder of Canonical, publishers of Ubuntu, has given up on the idea that Linux (which Ubuntu is based on) will ever supplant Windows. So what happened? Lots happened and none of it good.