Innotek released a new version of its virtual machine VirtualBox. The minor update features important bug fixes and useful adjustments which are especially useful on Linux.
When I tested VirtualBox for the first time I was pretty excited. Since then Innotek has released two minor versions featuring several important bugfixes, small features and adjustments.
The changelog lists shows several things important for users of Linux hosts:
* Linux installer: added RPM for rhel4 and Mandriva 2007.1
* Linux installer: improved setup of kernel module
* GUI: Host-Fn sends Ctrl-Alt-Fn to the guest (Linux guest VT switch)
* GUI: improved error messages if the kernel module is not accessible
* GUI: never fail to start the GUI if the kernel module is not accessible
* NAT: allow configuration of incoming connections (aka port mapping)
* Linux Additions: support Xorg 7.2.x