Sauerbraten -- 2007-04-13 spring edition released
Today a new version of the fast paced cross platform FPS sauerbraten has been released. The new version contains lots of changes to previous versions including graphical improvements, enhancements of game content and server functions.
Some improvements include:
* scoreboard now displays mode, map, and time remaining
* bases now produce ammo in capture mode (take ammo with R key or "repammo" command)
* added reflective water in fixed-function mode
* added reflective glass in fixed-function mode
* made waterfall top/bottom correctly align with water surface
* player vs. player collisions now use ellipses instead of bounding boxes
* added new functionality to the rpg prototype (WiP)
* added planar shadows for most dynamic entities
* added -o option for servers to disable "locked" and "private" mastermodes
* dead players now colored gray on scoreboard
* changed experimental movement speedup code to include both jumping & forward independently (see game.html)
* added F key support to heightmap editing.
* improved "fastshader" system to support more than 2 performance levels
* added environment-mapped geometry shaders (via "bumpenv*world" shaders)
* added ambient sound entities (via "mapsound" and "newent sound")
* added alpha-masked shadows for mapmodels with alpha-channel skins (via "calclight 3")
* added animated caustics effect to underwater geometry
* added experimental animated grass system
* added support for GLSL shaders
* added entautoview, entitysurf and selectionsurf
* added Marc's latest 8 tracks, for a total of 31 now!
* added visual entity box handle. allows easy choice of orientation. hovering over an ent now replaces closest ent as implicit ent selection.
* added smoothmap command for heightmaps. (default press H when already in hmap mode) executes a moving avg filter over hmap
* added context sensitive entity menu (default TAB)
* added a scale parameter to the "texture" command, for changing the apparent size
* texture combining now scales combined texture to match size of base texture
* command "showtexgui" (default F2) allows for comfortable texture browsing
* made gui stick to player's Z
* fixed server lockup (in patch)