Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
Version 2.2.16 of the GNU Image Manipulation Program is a bug-fix release in the stable 2.2 series. This release fixes security problems in a number of file load plug-ins.
This is the stable branch of GIMP 2.2. Only bug-fixes are applied
here. New features are being added in the HEAD branch that will be
released as GIMP version 2.4.
Bugs fixed in GIMP 2.2.16
- improved input value validation in several file plug-ins (bug #453973)
- improved handling of corrupt or invalid XCF files
- guard against integer overflows in several file plug-ins (bug #451379)
- fixed handling of background alpha channel in XCF files (bug #443097)
- improved forward compatibility of the config parser
- fixed crash when previewing some animated brushes (bug #446005)