I’ve installed OpenSUSE 10.2, here’s my first impressions…
I recently built myself a new computer. I did this because it’s time for me to move out from my parents place. I’m turning 20 years old in September, after all.
My computer at the moment consists of:
1. Ace Spades IV Case + 50o watts PSU
2. MSI K9N Neo-F Motherboard
3. AMD Athlon X2 4200+
4. One gigabyte Kingston RAM (667 Mhz DDR2)
5. MSI Geforce 8400GS (265 Mb)
6. Seagatate Barracuda 250Gb (SATA, 16Mb Cache)
and… an old CD-RW unit. I ran out of money so I decided to use my old CD-RW drive for now. I will invest in a SATA DVD+-RW and a memorycard-reader soon.
So for my new computer I first installed Ubuntu, then Kubuntu, and now.. OpenSUSE 10.2.
I have tried OpenSUSE 10.1 before, which was buggy as hell so I was a bit skeptical about installing 10.2, however this release is MUCH better.