Ubuntu + mpd + Jinzora + Hi-Fi == ACE
Ok, so here’s the problem:
1. I have a decrepit old PC that I need to find a job for or it’s destined to sit on a scrapheap biodegrading over the next 10,000 years.
2. We don’t have room to have all our CDs anywhere near handy so have to listen to our music on the computer speakers.
3. We have a very good and very expensive hi-fi seperates system going to waste.
Here are contributing issues:
1. Despite having a nice hi-fi, we’re not too bothered about the loss of quality of playing stuff via MP3 because we rarely get a chance to actually sit and listen these days - it’s generally background.
2. We don’t like have cables stretched across the room and the PC is too far from the hi-fi to have a cable run.