9 Steps: Make a ultra cool and good looking desktop for your Ubuntu Linux machine in 30 minutes
A clean install of Ubuntu the desktop looks not very cool at all. But relax, if you follow this guide you will be able to get a ultra cool desktop like this one.
It will probably work very well also on other linux distributions but due to lack of own experience I won’t guarantee that.
We will do following steps:
- Change background picture
- Change GTK2 theme with window border and controls
- Change icon set
- Change Fonts
- Configure the top bar
- Install a cool Mac-like dock (AWN)
- Install and get conky up and running to get the geeky text information about RAM usage, processes etc
- Change login theme
- Change the ugly orange color which is between the login screen and your fully loaded desktop