Gentoo Monthly Newsletter -- 30 June 2008
Welcome to the June issue of the Gentoo monthly newsletter!
2. Gentoo News
Trustees Meeting Summary
The Gentoo Trustees held a meeting on June 22, 2008. The trustees are currently working on proposed Foundation bylaws.
* The bylaws draft
Council Meeting Summary
The Gentoo Council held its monthly meeting on June 12, 2008. The items put up for discussion were:
* PMS: Versions can have > 8 digits. If you want a maximum limit, discuss it with relevant people and propose one.
* Appeals: Will be handled using dberkholz's proposal
* LDFLAGS="--as-needed" by default: antarus will present a deployment plan to -dev for how this would proceed.
* GLEP 54: There was a new proposal 12 hours before the meeting. Wait for discussion. Council members should post anything they have to add by the end of the weekend.
* GLEP 55: Discussion is clearly active. Council members should post anything they have to add by the end of the weekend.
* GLEP 56: Technically good, still some room for improvement. Council members should post anything they have to add by the end of the weekend.
* PMS status: This is a discussion that belongs on the mailing list. Council members should post anything they have to add by the end of the weekend.
3. Gentoo International
Germany: LinuxTag 2008
With more than 11,000 visitors, LinuxTag in Berlin is by far the most important Linux and Open Source Software show in Europe. As in earlier years, Gentoo was again present at the expo after we missed the last two LinuxTag expos taking place in Wiesbaden 2006 and Berlin 2007. This year about 10 developers and other Gentoo enthusiasts (including users from the German support channel, #gentoo-anfaenger) helped man the booth. Even some phpBB developers showed up.