Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
For this weekend, I went trolling around looking for something funny (because not enough funny things happen to me at work) and I found this great list of 189 Funny Error Messages. They're tagged under Unix but some of them are definitely MainFrame/IBM or Linux errors.
Some of them may, hopefully, make you laugh, some of them may make you cry (again, laughing) and some of them you might not find amusing. Anyway, as the old joke goes, it's posted here for free and worth every penny
1. “Values of B will give rise to dom.”
2. FATAL system error #nnnn CAUSE: We should never get here!
3. OHHHH…. I give up Core dumped
4. COMPILER UNABLE TO ABORT
13. Man the Lifeboats! Women and children first!
14. $ make :== $ sys$system:teco32 make
$ make love
15. That makes 100 errors; please try again.