Firefox 1.5 Release Candidate 3
Firefox 1.5 Release Candidate 3 is now available for download. This is the third release candidate of our next generation Firefox browser.
Firefox 1.5 RC 3 is a test preview of our award-winning Web browser. Firefox 1.5 RC 3 is available for our testing community, Web site and Web application developers, and our Extension developers.
Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5 RC 3:
- Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
- Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
- Improvements to popup blocking.
- Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
- Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
- Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
- Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications and documents or show the information on a Braille display, enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software functionality as their sighted peers.
- Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
- Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
- Many security enhancements.
- List of notable bug fixes since Firefox 1.5 Beta 2