Review - Fedora 11 Preview
RedHat introduces all the exiting new technologies in Fedora, the community driven distribution. Fedora 11 will have the following features besides package version upgrades.
* 20 seconds boot time to log in screen from the 30 second Fedora 10 boot time
* EXT4 as the default file system
* OpenChange for native access of Microsoft Exchange
* rpm 4.7 (improved performance)
* Automatic multimedia codecs, fonts and mime installer
Anaconda is the installer for Fedora, which has not changed much but the introduction of EXT4 file system introduced few complications. You need to create an EXT4 root partition and an EXT3 boot partition as the live image can only be installed on an EXT4 file system and the GRUB version available will not support booting from EXT4 partitions. The latest Ubuntu and Mandriva versions, which were released a month before the final release of Fedora support booting from EXT4. Please refer this if you need more information on why Fedora 11 could not boot from an EXT4. Also, note that Fedora is one of the first distributions to support EXT4 file systems.