Who wants a pony ?
Pony is a simple image manager written in PyKDE4. After looking for few days I decided to write my own image manager which can suite properly with the simple workflow I follow.
The design goals:
- It takes some amout of time to create thumbnails when the user visits a folder first time, but after that it stays fast as I really don’t mind for the time on the first view. I tried with a folder which contained 13GB images.
- Currently shows only jpeg images as we generally keep photos in that format
- One can add tags to the images, currently no edit tag option is available
- One can search based on tags (implemented), name or EXIF data or based on dates
- Even if the file is in an external media it should show the thumbnail
- It is having a flickr uploader. Currently it only adds title,tags,description. Photosets and privacy&safety will work in future releases
- One should be able to add/edit/delete external media as catalogs