FFmbc - A Broadcast Media Alternative to FFmpeg
FFmbc (FFMedia Broadcast) is an off-shoot of the FFmpeg project that is targeted squarely at the broadcast media world. The project while still in its infancy, but available for around 6 months already, is currently at release version 0.2. Launched and managed by Baptiste Coudurier, well known for his work on the FFmpeg project, FFmbc rolls out the following enhancements:
• Import your files in Final Cut Pro or AVID Media Composer by
• Creating XDCAM HD422 files in .mov or .mxf
• Creating XDCAM IMX/D-10 files in .mov or .mxf
• Creating AVID DNxHD files in .mov
• Transcode your MPEG-2 4:2:2 Tranport stream files containing S302M audio.
• Transcode your AVCHD Camera files correctly.
• Merge and split your audio tracks.
• Create Quicktime files containing time code tracks.
• Advanced Metadata support.
• ID3v2 complete support.
• Itunes complete support.
We've been meaning to test some of FFmbc's functionality for a while now and after a couple of false starts, we've been successfully able to convert a generic MPEG2 50i (50Mbps all Intra-Frame) 4:2:2 Transport Stream to IMX D-10 in a .mov container. This file contained PCM audio, which version 0.1 of FFmbc baulked at, but the latest version handled perfectly. The output IMX D10 file was imported without error directly into Final Cut Pro for editing.
Read More Here