Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
Initially developed as Western Quake 3, Smokin' Guns is the game for you if you ever feel nostalgic of the Old West. Smokin' Guns, an open source, cross platform first-person shooter is intended to be a semi-realistic simulation of the "Old West's" great atmosphere and was developed on Id Software's Quake III Arena Engine. It boasts of the following features
* A full arsenal of weapons with historically correct design.
* A variety of western styled maps and player models.
* A realistic damage system with different locations (head, chest, neck, etc) and height-dependent falling damage.
* New western styled game types for more fun: Bank Robbery and Duel Modes.
* A money system allowing for equipment purchase with money from rewards.
* Easy to use graphical user interface and HUD.
* Other small improvements for better gameplay and enhanced fun.