Elive 2.0 is Definitely a Jewel
Elive has everything eye-candy and speed. Dubbed Topaz, Elive 2.0 is still powered by the Debian mammoth and the lightweight Enlightenment E17 desktop environment. The developers state that the it is so light that it uses only half of the resources on a system with less than 128 MB of system RAM
Heres Some Major Highlights:
· Linux kernel 184.108.40.206;
· Enlightenment E17 window manager;
· Better autolaunchers;
· Added lots of user Configurators;
· Support for 3G phones;
· Compiz powered desktop effects;
· Amazing, new features to the Elive Installer
· Nurse mode, a repair and recovery tool;
· Support for bluetooth;
· Ability to create USB bootable sticks with Elive;
· OSS compatibility support;
· Improved Autologin;
· Broadcom 43xx drivers;
· Added audio configurator utility;
· Added special kernels with support for systems with more than 4 GB of RAM;
· User friendly;
· Added new translations;
· ...and many more breathtaking features!
Elive is a Linux distribution based on Debian, which sports a large number of applications, ranging from multimedia, office and Internet-related applications, to games and science. With Elive, you can watch movies, listen to your favorite songs, surf the Internet or chat with friends.
I would say that almost everything about this version of Elive is great. It definitely beats its competitor OpenGEU.