Thank you, Linux! My Windows computer is infected
That's right. My desktop, which runs Windows, is infected and I blame Linux.
As it normally happens in these cases, this new infection in my XP system can be traced back to user carelessness. However, I think that calling me "careless" is not fair for I did everything on the book (and more!) to keep a Windows machine healthy:
1. I have an updated antivirus, which runs full scans when I turn the PC on.
2. My firewall was up and running.
3. I have additional anti-malware software for protection.
4. Firefox is my browser and I installed add-ons for extra security.
5. I neither open suspicious email attachments nor visit questionable sites.
Since I was not careless, I am not the culprit. However, if I did something wrong, this is it: