I don’t know what a typical college campus is like. Everything I’ve experienced at Georgia Tech is apparently not normal for a university lacking “tech” in the title. I’ve compiled a few things I’ve noticed around school for your enjoyment on this slow news day.
You Know You Go to a Tech School When…
- There are more kids in your classes with laptops than without laptops. Your history professor has to be careful of what he says because Kurt in the front row with the iBook always has Wikipedia loaded, waiting to correct the professor.
- Students have memorized the campus Wi-Fi (GTwireless) network’s WEP key.
- Campus seems twice as populated when the internet dies.
- Students complain when the internet is slower than 5MB/sec.
- You can see 47 wireless networks in your dorm when students are forbidden to have their own access points.