Guess We'll Go For It?
Well, despite my hesitation, it looks like moving to a new host from my home based server might be a good idea. I received less than a 100 votes, but most said it was somewhat to quite a bit faster with a few stating about the same. No one reports slower response time.
Although it still wasn't a "true" test in that the site was not under load. We still only have one way to test the shared resources and that's to just send all traffic there.
In addition, I've received a few encouraging emails as well. Seems most are in favor of the move. In fact, no one has suggested the opposite.
So, at some point today I'll grab a last snapshot of the server and put up a redirect, then we'll see how it goes. If that works out well for a day or two, then I'll adjust the dns records and make it so.
If anyone has any just reason why tuxmachines and tektonic should not be lawfully joined together, speak now or forever hold your peace.