Short bio: Computer Scientist, FOSS supporter (read more)
Tux Machines (TM)-specific
Joomla is a popular Content Management System (CMS).
With this “how to”, I guide you to setup Joomla CMS on your ISPConfig server. Probably you can setup Joomla in different ways but I prefer this one.
In this how to, I will use just as an example:
- Joomla version 1.0.11.
- I assume also that this is your first Joomla setup for your joomla site, this is not an update!
- Website: www.myjoomlawebsite.tld
- Websitenumber within ISPConfig: web1
- Your webs are stored under /var/www
- MySQL database: web_db1
- MySQL username: web1_u1
- MySQL password: mysqlpassword
Here we we go:
Step 1 - Create a website: