- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
freesoftwaremagazine.com: I have been talking about the convergence of telephony and desktop computing for years. Nowadays, more and more companies are announcing small devices (“netbooks”) that will run Android — and we are not talking about phones here. Is this the beginning of a new revolution?
h-online.com: The MySQL developers have presented a new release model for the development of the open source database.
everyjoe.com: Whether you are Linux newbie or a veteran, you have a perception of Linux and why you find it easy or difficult to use it, right? Trying to advocate Linux to others would take some knowledge about Linux. This is especially true for those who want to advocate it to their work place.
itnewstoday.com: Everyone that uses Linux has his or her own reason for doing so. Some prefer it outright, others may be sick of the politics surrounding other operating systems. I have been using Linux since around 2002 and it has been an incredible journey.
ericsbinaryworld.com: Back in Nov of 2008 I checked out Zenwalk 5.2 and a recent LXF contained Zenwalk 6.0 - so let’s see what has changed.
h-online.com: It's not just the new design and updated software that brings a sparkle to the eleventh version of Fedora (Leonidas), there are also a whole raft of technical enhancements.
Also: Fedora 11: No review
blogs.gentoo.org: Six months ago I posted some benchmarks of popular gtk+ engines. It's time to revisit those benchmarks and test the engines again, this time using FOSS drivers for my new hardware.
theopensourcerer.com: Jo Shields writes a well written piece that articulates the position of a software developer who clearly likes what Mono has to offer. What strikes me with these posts is how technical and abstract the position of the developer is.
techexposures.com: Canonical’s Ubuntu & Kubuntu distros are loaded with great software an utilities. There are, however, a bunch of great tools that are not included in their standard installations.
workswithu.com: As Canonical polishes Ubuntu to potentially support Google Android and Moblin v2, I’m both impressed and concerned.
billkerr2.blogspot: Due to the agreement between our Education Department and Microsoft I work in a Microsoft centric environment. So when our network manager recently became very enthusiastic about the latest Ubuntu release (9.04), I asked him to spell it out. This is what he said:
blog.ibeentoubuntu: The Ubuntu-Doc mailing list just received word from Dylan McCall and the Ubiquity Slideshow Team that Ubiquity (the Ubuntu live CD's installer) is being retrofitted with a slideshow that will play during installation.
This tutorial shows how to set up an Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope based server as a spamfilter in Gateway mode. In the end, you will have a SpamSnake Gateway which will relay clean emails to your MTA.
- Vancouver becomes role model for open source
- Gecko EduBook: The Tinkerer Netbook
- Palm Pre, part 1: the BlackBerry killer
- Red Hat: Go big or play it safe?
- Palm Pre
- Firefox 3.0.11 security and stability release now available
- Open source will never do that...
- Native Multi-Touch Support On Linux
- Browsing your medias
- KDE beta cycle
- Ion-based Linux nettop soars in review
- How Firefox Gets Grass-roots Marketing Right
- Canonical Looking for KDE Developer
- Karmic Koala Alpha 2 Released
- New Atoms will double netbook battery life
- Screencast: Virtual Machine Manager, Fedora 11
- Microsoft plays recession card with Novell
- Happiness is a warm SCM
- New Novell tool to link Linux management to Microsoft System Center
- Europe to get Windows 7 sans browser
- Display The List Of Recently Installed Packages By Date On Ubuntu
- OpenOffice.org 3.1 outline level feature
- Linux Dump Command Exclude Directories
- Yum repomd.xml Error
- Remote Login with GDM and VNC on Fedora 11
- Printing Lables and Business Cards in Ubuntu
- Quickly Empty Files in Vim
- Howto Upgrade to Grub2 On Ubuntu
- Install MS True Type Fonts in Fedora
- openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 2 step by step install procedure
daniweb.com/blogs: FireFox 3.5 is due out by the end of June and includes some pretty interesting new features--and not a moment too soon. I hate plugins. Hate them. They are the bane of my online existence. Why do I need plugins?
blog.hydrasystemsllc: I first reviewed the ASUS Eee PC 901 when I was getting frustrated with the Xandros Linux customized installation that it came with. While Canonical was pushing their Ubuntu Netbook Remix, I recently decided to install the desktop release and have my netbook run the standard 9.04 release of the Ubuntu distribution.
linuxtoday.com/blog: Here we go, the first response to my invitation to anyone who wanted to have their say on the value and benefits of Mono, why it does not represent a threat to Linux, and anything else they might want to say about it.