- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Firefox 15 Beta Tackles Memory Leaks||srlinuxx||1||23/07/2012 - 5:25pm|
|Story||What's new in Linux 3.5||srlinuxx||22/07/2012 - 10:14pm|
|Blog entry||5 tech item’s i’ve owned over the years…||fieldyweb||22/07/2012 - 11:52am|
|Blog entry||What First Got You Interested in Technology?||fieldyweb||22/07/2012 - 11:50am|
|Story||today's leftovers:||srlinuxx||21/07/2012 - 6:38am|
|Story||Sony VAIO with Ubuntu 12.04 Dual Boot||srlinuxx||21/07/2012 - 3:50am|
|Story||Kororaa 17 Available, Not Announced||srlinuxx||21/07/2012 - 3:48am|
|Story||Firefox 14 - Annoy me some more||srlinuxx||21/07/2012 - 3:46am|
|Story||Long-Term Review: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin"||srlinuxx||20/07/2012 - 11:35pm|
|Story||First Issue of GIMP Magazine Coming This Fall||srlinuxx||20/07/2012 - 11:33pm|
blogs.techrepublic.com: Ah the GPL. The GNU Public License. It’s probably one of the most controversial topics in all of the IT world. What is it and how is it enforced? Who backs it and who defends it? And who watches the watchers? Now there’s the real rub.
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS review
- Hidden Linux: Hardy - The way I like it
- ubuntu 8.04 lts (hardy heron): a disappointment
junauza.com: If you think that Linux is only "for the boys", then think again. Did you know that there are women-oriented Linux communities that are created to provide both technical and social support for women Linux users?
liquidat.wordpress: Dell is shipping docking stations for it’s Latitude Laptops. I’ve tested a D/Dock and it does work with Linux. The only real problems have their roots in Linux’ shortcomings.
- Tribute to the Kubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04
- Other Ubuntu variants
- Howto Disable CTRL-ALT-DEL from shutting down in Ubuntu
- An interview with hyper_ch
- Reset Compiz effects back to Ubuntu Defaults…
- Ubuntu's Hardy Heron Takes Virtualization Flight
linux-exploration.blogspot: GOS 2.9 is based off the Ubuntu distribution, and it is the operating system that is coming on the Everex G-PC's and the Everex Cloud Book. The new 2.9 version, has a Mac-OS type feel. Even though it seems appropriate, the G does not stand for Google.
phoronix.com: When OpenTheBlob.com started in late February, within one week of its launch it already had 5,000 signatures and days later it passed the 6,000 and 7,000 marks too. This letter was an open letter to NVIDIA looking for more information on their open-source strategy.
tradingmarkets.com: Red Hat will look primarily to emerging markets, not the United States, to expand service sales in the coming years, chief executive Jim Whitehurst said.
ruminationsonthedigitalrealm.org: Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen only raving reviews about the new Mandriva Spring 2008. Positive reviews. Since I always like to draw my own conclusions and Mandriva is one the releases this spring, I decided to give it a spin.
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 on a HP Compaq nx7000
- Minibuntu 8.04 is out
- Five Softwares to Install in Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
- First Impression of the Heron 8.04
- Thanks to all the contributors for Hardy
- Hardy Heron – my odd first experiences
- Two Sweet New Linux Distros
- The difficulty of building community around commercial: The OpenSolaris example
- How To Be a Linux/Open Source Advocate
- Hibernation in Draco
- Going Open Source Series & Working With Open Source Companies
- Create/Find Hardware Reviews
- Compiz White & Black Frozen screen fix
- GSA makes the case for open source
lazytechguy.com: Mandriva Spring 2008.1 is no doubt a great distribution. It has good collection of default software, has excellent hardware detection, has proprietary drivers and software and an overall great out of box experience. People, including me, often complain about its Package manager. Lets have a little detailed look.
blog.eracc.com: Up until recently there was no problem viewing video content on Fox News Video web pages. Apparently some Microsoft and Apple Only types have taken over the video content pages for Fox News.
- I should know better by now
- Synching the open source release schedule
- Dapper to Hardy fails me
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS on ASUS Eee PC
linuxtoday.com: I pulled down the Kubuntu flavor of Heron yesterday, and thus far I like what I have seen. I haven't noticed any great leaps in speed or interface changes. The geek part of me sometimes longs for the heady days when new interfaces came out as a matter of course. I called up Aaron Seigo, the lead developer of Plasma and asked for a basic rundown of what he and his team are doing.
opensuse.org: This week ‘People of openSUSE’ scope out openSUSE Product Manager Michael Löffler known for his great work in helping setting up the openSUSE Project, bridge between Novell and community, openSUSE Shop, and so much more..!
- HOWTO: Install btnx for better mouse control in Ubuntu Hardy
- List RPM keys you trust
- How to use any command in FTP ?
- Fast way to execute sequential commands from the command history
- How do I find information (version, etc.) about php?
kerneltrap.org: "I've put together an automatic system for applying kernel security patches to the Linux kernel without rebooting it, and I wanted to share this system with the community in case others find it useful or interesting," said Jeff Arnold, announcing ksplice.
matt asay: I'm helping to edit what is turning out to be a shockingly good book on the legal issues around open source, from the developer's perspective. When it comes out, you will want to buy it. It's incredibly well-written and expresses things much more clearly than I've yet seen in my 10 years within the open-source community.
- Tech Note: Ubuntu Linux 8.04 Hardy Heron Running Fine
- Thinking about upgrading to Hardy? Wait a couple days.
- Adventures with Ubuntu 8.04
- Ubuntu 8.04 Is Ready to Take On Windows
- MBP on Xubuntu/Ubuntu Hardy Heron WiFi Card Fix
- Vista vs. Ubuntu - from a Windows guy’s perspective