- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Taking stock of 2013′s crowdfunded Linux devices||Roy Schestowitz||20/12/2013 - 12:15am|
|Story||Fedora 20 E17, GNOME 3, LXDE and Xfce screen shots||Roy Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 11:57pm|
|Story||Intel Haswell Linux Performance Improved A Lot In 2013||Roy Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 11:54pm|
|Story||The Genius Of Linux Is Community, Not Technology||Roy Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 11:43pm|
|Story||Cinnamon 2.0 available for Linux Mint 13, LMDE to receive it soon||Roy Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 11:42pm|
|Story||Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 4.0 is here||Rianne Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 11:01pm|
|Story||Free Software Foundation Endorses Its First Laptop||Rianne Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 10:49pm|
|Story||Fedora and Red Hat in the News||Rianne Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 10:33pm|
|Story||Today in Techrights||Roy Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 8:23pm|
|Story||Leftovers: Screenshots||Roy Schestowitz||19/12/2013 - 6:46pm|
linuxloop.com: Previously, I covered some features that might be included in Fedora 10. Today, here are some interesting features that have already been approved.
- Word-of-mouth is Linux’s best bet for success
- What is with the all Linux users?
- Things I Miss in Linux
- Big LOL at a Linux old-timer
- Why Linux funding will skyrocket
- Linux: It’s Not About Winning
- Recording Sound in Kubuntu 8.10 (running KDE 4.1)
- Dell Mini 9 Netbook Unboxing
- The commonwealth fights back against OOXML?
- My First Linux Encounter or How to Switch to Linux
- Writing a Shell Script
- Basic Linux commands for Beginner’s
- Making the most of the acer aspire one
- playing m4a song files in Amarok
- Speed up Amarok with Large Music Collections
- DynDNS plus SSH
- Installing Gentoo from a LiveCD or Desktop using LVM
- Removing annoying “The media contains digital photos”
- Dual boot linux and mac osx leopard kalyway 10.5.2
ericsbinaryworld.com/blog: Once KDE 4.1 was finally out and most of the complaints had stopped, I took the plunge. I am actually very happy with Fedora 9. I think most of the reviews you may have read criticizing Fedora 9 focused on the initial version.
phoronix.com: Unigine Tropics is set around a tropical environment (hence its name) and it runs through various scenes of an island during both the day and night. Some of its technical features though include a dynamic sky with light scattering, live water with a surf zone and caustics, special materials for vegetation, HDR rendering, parallel split shadow map for the sun, depth of field, and real-time ambient occlusion.
debiantoday.com: Since Ubuntu showed up on the scene many people have asked what the differences between the Debian based distribution and Debian GNU/Linux actually are. Ubuntu as most of you know is very much like Debian in many ways from the package system to the user community Debian and Ubuntu have done a great job coinciding.
drfav.wordpress: Some of you might know what PowerDevil is, some might not; well, for you who fear this is yet another attempt of threatening your lives, PowerDevil is a power manager for KDE4, and it won’t kill you.
computingtech.blogspot: The world’s most popular operating system is Windows, which is made by the Microsoft Corporation. Linux has no links with Windows at all. Microsoft doesn’t contribute anything to Linux and, in fact, is rather hostile toward it, because it threatens Microsoft’s market dominance. This means that installing Linux can give you an entirely Microsoft-free PC.
topnews.in: The scope of this strategic alliance between C-DAC and ELCOT is to install BOSS Linux across the state in all Government departments for their productivity application and e-Governance applications, large scale promotional activities in the areas of Open source Software, e-Governance, setting up of BOSS Linux support centre within ELCOT campus.
sathyaphoenix.wordpress: I had always wondered why ppl keep wierd names for the linux distros and it turns out tht they are not indeed wierd and i googled for the naming strategy of fedora and Ubuntu and here are the results…
- Making feh work for you
- whowatch - Monitor who is doing what on your system
- Ask Linux.com: document wrangling, lighter distros, and Boot Loops II
- Enhanced Debugging With Gallium3D
- Crowdsourcing: Many Are Smarter Than One
itwire.com: Speaking from China, Tux the penguin says "the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" as the media continues to report that Lenovo is slaying the kernel mascot with the relish of a Canadians near a seal pup. iTWire digs a little deeper to reveal just WTF is really happening with Lenovo and Linux...
junauza.com: Though PCLOS is not my most favorite Linux distro, I honestly consider it as one of the best. I have used the May 2007 stable release version and I was really impressed with almost all of its features. For now, I'll act like a fanboy and write a short list of expectations for the upcoming PCLinuxOS 2008(?).
molom.wordpress: I’ll admit it, I really dislike Ubuntu and its official variants (Kubuntu & Xubuntu). The reason why is because many believe that its the only proper user-friendly distribution available. Well… There are more and better alternatives to Ubuntu.
itwire.com: Software Freedom Day 2008 will be with us next Saturday the 20th of September. More than 500 teams in over 120 countries are holding events to mark the occasion.
- Poll: Firefox is browser of choice
- Closing the gates on windows
- 2.6.27-rc6, "Things Are Calming Down"
- Cracking the open-source community code for drive-by developers
- Test drive OpenOffice 3 RC 1
- Linux and Unix Humour - Wisdom For The Ages
- Open source patents: Four companies offer green tech to public domain
- HP's fast fashion, Linux wins and losses: The week in laptops
- Drivers? Don’t talk to me about drivers
- Status of Ubuntu Romanian Localization Team
- boycottmandriva.com might soon have a market
- Stocking Your New Computer With Top Open Source Apps
- Linux Made Easy now on sale
- Bash Shell PS1: 10 Examples to Make Your Linux Prompt Sexy
- Control your Desktop with Mouse Gestures
- How to change hotclick dictionary/encyclopedia site in Opera
desktoplinux.com: Pardus has been around for quite a while, but never got much attention, perhaps because its developers focus on giving people from Turkey a distribution in their native language. But Pardus is a multi-language distribution, so it can be used by many people without a Turkish background. Time to take a good look at this distro that might suprise you!
linuxtoday.com: GNU is 25 years old this year, and every Linux user on the planet should take a few minutes to eat a piece of birthday cake and give thanks. Because it's more than just software. Glyn Moody addressed one aspect of this in "The Real Reason to Celebrate GNU's Birthday":
linux-foundation.org/blogs: Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu, recently wrote a post detailing a challenge he recently issued to the Linux and free software community: build a Linux-based UI and computing experience on par with Apple’s within two years. This is the free software community’s version of JFK’s Space Challenge that resulted in the Apollo program.
linuxjournal.com: Michael Anti is an engineer and journalist whose work has appeared in the New York Times, Huaxia Times, 21st Century World Herald, Washington Post, Southern Metropolis Daily and Far and Wide Journal. He has been a researcher, a columnist, a reporter, a war correspondent in Baghdad (in 2003) and more—and achieved notoriety in 2005 when Microsoft deleted his blog.