- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
- Debian-Ubuntu debate: an upstream view
- In memory of Ferris E. McCormick (fmccor): trustee, developer, and friend.
- Pearson’s Prentice Hall Professional Publishes The Official Ubuntu Server Book
- Message Indicator in KDE
- Notes on transitioning from Fedora Core to Ubuntu
- Murphy's Law: Behold the Open Power of Chumby!
- Will all the good open source companies be acquired?
- Working With Linux
- The Linux Box's Elizabeth Ziph
- New: OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 Release Candidate 1
- Novell founds openSUSE Team
- Windows 7: Microsoft Takes Netbook OEMs on Short Leash
- Consider Linux for Secure Online Banking
- What Makes You Keep On Using Linux?
- Lies, Damn Lies and File Systems Benchmarks
- Vive la différence
- If they do, it’s because they can
- GNOME 2.28 Beta Arrives, Release Next Month
- The right and best way to make money from open source
- Set wallpaper with Feh in Openbox menu
- Howto Install Proxmox VE 1.3 on debian 5.01 (Lenny) AMD64
- GoboLinux 014.01 After a Year
- 5 Simple Bash Tips, Part III
- Adobe AIR on Gentoo
- Create Screencasts On Linux With RecordMyDesktop
- Debugging Procmail Recipes
- CPU Flags and Meanings
- Howto Add time And Date To Your Bash History
- Mount Windows shares like normal drives in Linux
- MMC/SDHC Card Readers and Gentoo Linux
blogs.techrepublic.com: Some users believe that Windows is the best netbook OS. But others - such as Jack Wallen - think Linux is a much better fit. Check out his reasons and see if you agree.
freesoftwaremagazine.com: Three recent problems with packages in the last stable release of Debian GNU/Linux (“Lenny”), brought me face-to-face with what is still a major obstacle for acceptance of free software on the desktop: contempt for the values of the people who use it.
itwire.com: The Ubuntu development team has been forced to remove a feature called multisearch from Firefox for the upcoming release, Karmic Koala, following a number of objections by users.
junauza.com: If I would pick the best free and open-source internet television desktop client, it has to be Miro. This awesome application (previously called Democracy Player and DTV) is loaded with great features making the TV experience on your computer a lot more fun and exciting.
fastcompany.com/blog: I've suffered slow computer performance, system crashes, and inexplicable Internet outages for 10 long years. I officially ditched Windows two weeks ago...and, so can you.
intranetjournal.com: One of the first things I hear from people attempting trying to make the switch to Linux distributions such as Ubuntu is that they are finding the sudden shift in how they use their computers to be relatively overwhelming.
blogs.zdnet.com: If the attendance at the opening keynote for OpenSource World (formerly known as LinuxWorld) serves as a barometer for anything to do with the economy, the tech industry or even trade shows, things are not looking good.
channelregister.co.uk: Speaking at OpenSource World, a Dell executive deflated Microsoft's enthusiasm for making a case out of the number of Linux netbooks returned by unhappy customers.
linuxplanet.com: In July I got back to the UK after 10 months of wandering around the world. I needed to be able to check my email, keep an eye on my bank accounts, send in articles... And so I became GeekWriterType On The Road.
itlure.com: Hello dear readers, and welcome to another exciting (at least for me) Distro Hoppin` adventure. You've most likely seen the title, so you know I'm going to share a bit of my experiences and opinions on SAM Linux 2009.
linux-mag.com: Arch Linux is a unique distribution, offering the latest free software via a super fast package manager coupled with a “keep it simple” philosophy. It is fast becoming a very popular distribution and now thanks to their split packages, you can install a lightweight KDE 4.3 desktop for even more flexibility and speed.
headshotgamer.com: Eeebuntu aims to provide a total 'out of the box' experience, and previous to the Version 3 release, Version 2 was highly regarded for this very fact.
dedoimedo.com: This article will teach you several simple, common methods of obtaining games for Linux, all legal. In other words, let's say you have one or another Linux distribution installed on your machine.
earthweb.com: The KDE desktop has been the center of changes and controversy for the last eighteen months. However, with last week's release of version 4.3, the majority of users finally seem to accept -- if not necessarily love -- the changes.
carroarmato0.wordpress: I like to try out different Operating Systems from time to time, experimenting, finding out how people find mays to solve the same common problem: “How can I make this computer do what I want the way I want it?”.
itwire.com: Is it reasonable to raise the question "does X still matter?" when the X in question is in use among nearly two-thirds of the target users under discussion?