- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Meeting Windows User Expectations With Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 8:25pm|
|Story||GNOME Software 3.12.0 Released!||Rianne Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 7:59pm|
|Story||No Android for Obama yet, sticking with BlackBerry||Rianne Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 7:49pm|
|Story||Intel’s Linux Driver Installer Updated to 1.0.4||Roy Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 7:22pm|
|Story||Linux MintBox 2 sells out in European debut||Roy Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 7:16pm|
|Story||Hands-On: Zorin OS 8 Linux||Roy Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 7:11pm|
|Story||Should Governments switch to open source?||Roy Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 6:50pm|
|Story||Canonical Builds Open Source Email App for Ubuntu Convergence||Roy Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 6:48pm|
|Story||What are Chromebooks? And why you don’t need Windows any more…||Roy Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 6:27pm|
|Story||Leftovers: Gaming||Roy Schestowitz||24/03/2014 - 5:29pm|
- Desktop Pattern reimplemented in Plasma
- Keeping Linux Safe Since 1994
- Ubuntu bread v1.1 - A better user experience
- Linux Outlaws 66 - Ramrod
- Time to Say Goodbye to Gentoo
- How can open source programmers make money?
- Vincent Danen: Mandriva community support
- Open Source 'Fundamentally Superior': Red Hat CEO James Whitehurst
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #119
- Major Suckages with Cinepaint
- apticron: cron-script to mail impending apt updates
- 8 of 2008's Latest Linux-Powered Mobile Phones
- Shred and secure-delete: tools for wiping files, partitions and disks in GNU/Linux
- Open Source: The Model Is Broken
- Getting an XML File List from K3b Project Files
- Creating or editing movie subtitles
- How to enable the serial port on XEN servers
- Set up a SSH-based point to point connection
- Making Skype and Ubuntu 8.10 get along
- Evolution Virus Scanning
- Build your own PC Part III
mozillalinks.org: For the South Hemisphere and tropical countries it is not even cold, so white Christmas happens only on TV, movies and books… … and Firefox.
freesoftwaremagazine.com: When it comes to browsers, the Unix community is positively spoiled for choice: Firefox, Konqueror, Flock, Opera, Epiphany, Galeon, Kazehakase, Links, Elinks, Lynx, W3m and Dillo. From the minimal to the relatively bloated all life is there.
eweek.com: The latest version of Canonical’s Linux distribution, Ubuntu 8.10, still outshines the Linux desktop offerings from Red Hat and Novell, and is the best open-source alternative to Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
hehe2.net: Time and time again I expressed my disdain for Apple and their anti-competitive tactics by locking down the iPhone and iPod. So its no wonder that the news the Linux kernel has been successfully ported to the iPhone came as a breath of fresh air.
workswithu.com: One of desktop Linux’s chief selling points is its near-immunity to malware. Whether this superiority is due to the Unix security measures that Windows lacks, or to the mere fact that comparatively few people use Linux on desktop computers, it makes Linux attractive in an era when all manner of nasty things can be done to computer users by exploiting bugs in the software they run.
dot.kde.org: The promising nonlinear video editor Kdenlive has made its first non beta for KDE 4, version 0.7 is on us. This closes another gap of the free desktop world: a usable open source video editor.
tribbleagency.com: The UK Times is reporting that Microsoft and Yahoo! are in a $20 billion dollar deal (less than half their bid in February of $44.6 Billion) , the question not asked is what is Microsoft going to do with all those Linux servers?
blogbeebe.blogspot: I've been waiting to upgrade europa, who's been running Mandriva 2008.1 Power Pack. I've been quite happy with it. Of course, the only reason to upgrade is because Mandriva 2009.0 Power Pack is the new hotness, which makes 2008.1 old and busted.
lucas-nussbaum.net: I’m getting increasingly annoyed by the state of some aspects of hardware support in Linux.
linuxshellaccount.blogspot: While out trudging through the wasteland of that thingy they call the Internet, looking far and wide for stuff to make me chuckle, I ran across this awesome collection of fake, and funny, man pages.
linuxloop.com: Please use your judgment about the person, the computer, and the prank before attempting this. Always try whatever you plan to do on your own computer or some other safe computer before doing anything.
it.toolbox.com/blogs: If you are looking for step by step instructions to creating your perfect Linux system then stop reading now. How can I know what your perfect system is? What I can do is give some guidelines to enable you to determine what your perfect system is.
phoronix.com: Fedora 10 was officially released a few days ago, but the Fedora SIG (Special Interest Group) has this weekend announced the availability of a few application-specific spins for Cambridge. Well, seven different spins to be exact.
reddevil62-techhead.blogspot: IT'S easy to ignore the tide of Linux distributions based on Ubuntu - there are just so many of them and you wonder what yet another could possibly be offering that is not already offered elsewhere.
montanalinux.org: Fedora 10 was officially released on Tuesday November 25, 2008. Since its release I have installed it on a number of machines and been running it as my full-time desktop.
itwire.com: Open Task Manager on any Windows computer and chances are there are a hundred processes even if you're just sitting idly on the desktop. What's with the obsession to constantly make crap run on startup? Let's look at some common offenders and how to cut them down to size.
We’re almost to #20! Also, this month, we’re starting a new feature - Ubuntu Games. This month: Command and Conquer - Lost and Found, how-To : Program in C - Part 3, Make a WiFi Access Point, and Using GIMP - Part 8 and Create Mobile Multimedia.
opensuse.org: Issue #48 of openSUSE Weekly News is now out. In this week’s issue: Development Release: openSUSE 11.1 RC 1 Now Available, Joe Brockmeier: YaST Mascot Winner Chosen! Say Hello to Yastie, and Ben Martin: Debug your shell scripts with bashdb.
- FLOSS Weekly 48: OpenSUSE
- Gentoo on an Clamshell iBook
- Linux Action Show: Fedora 10 Review
- The Best Gift This Christmas! Linux!
- Data encryption and Ubuntu, Part III
- The Fedora Girlfriend Test - More Linux and Unix Humor
- Katowice saving public money with OpenOffice.org
- On File Systems
- MythTV Adds Support For NVIDIA VDPAU
- Installing GNOME Shell in Ubuntu
- Scottish Open Source Awards 2008
- FOSS: Price Is Zero, Value Is Priceless
- How to increase number of disk mounts before next fsck at system boot
- Future Linux Geek
- MP3 collection, a personal jukebox, an MP3 streamer - Zina
- How To Create A Custom Splashimage For GRUB
- Customize the command line terminal in Linux - Guide