- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Oracle's Unbreakable Linux website takes a break||srlinuxx||31/07/2013 - 9:58pm|
|Story||62 Top500 supercomputers run SUSE||srlinuxx||31/07/2013 - 9:55pm|
|Story||Telstra eyes Firefox OS and Ubuntu||srlinuxx||31/07/2013 - 9:51pm|
|Story||Pwned again: An exclusive look at Pwnie Express’ newest hack-in-a-box||srlinuxx||31/07/2013 - 9:49pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||31/07/2013 - 4:52pm|
|Story||The State of the Linux Desktop||srlinuxx||31/07/2013 - 1:54am|
|Story||Intel's first 'open-source PC' on sale for $199||srlinuxx||30/07/2013 - 9:18pm|
|Story||4 text editors for Linux||srlinuxx||30/07/2013 - 8:07pm|
|Story||Handy Linux Applications That Will Help You Write Your First Novel||srlinuxx||30/07/2013 - 8:05pm|
|Story||Firefox 23 Beta 10 Released for Linux||srlinuxx||30/07/2013 - 8:05pm|
- How To Find BASH Shell Array Length
- Setting up mpd locally
- Keyboard Shortcut Keys in Ubuntu
- Gmrun - Substitute for gnome run dialog in Ubuntu
- VirtualBox Wireless Bridging
- Getting VirtualBox working on Ubuntu after a kernel upgrade
- Automated scanning with the shell
- Automatically mount a windows share at boot time in OpenSuse 11
- Taking Screenshots in Gnome
- HOWTO: PCLOS custom session
- Customize Compiz Fusion effects In Ubuntu
- Compiz Fusion in openSUSE 11.0
pclinuxos2007.blogspot: Good news to Linux Desktop Users! Tex and Ripper Gang will be offer PCLinuxOS 2007.1 soon followed by PCLinuxOS 2008. Now no more downloading of more than 400MB software after installing PCLinuxOS 2007.
debian-administration.org: The Debian project is pleased to announce the fourth update of its stable distribution Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (codename etch). In addition to correcting several security problems and a few serious defects in the stable release, for the first time in Debian's history an update for a stable distribution also adds support for newer hardware by giving users the option to install newer drivers.
itwire.com: Last week I put Windows Vista Ultimate and Fedora Linux 9 to a test. The article hit the front page of Digg but received a lot of criticism by those disappointed with the performance of Internet Explorer. So, let's dig deeper and use Firefox to see if Internet Explorer's memory footprint is actually a Windows Vista "feature" or not.
This document describes how to install a PureFTPd server that uses virtual users from a MySQL database instead of real system users. This is much more performant and allows to have thousands of ftp users on a single machine. In addition to that I will show the use of quota and upload/download bandwidth limits with this setup. Passwords will be stored encrypted as MD5 strings in the database.
newlinuxuser.com: I am not sure what Promoting Linux is all about but everything was so exaggerated I ended up laughing! Let me share some stuff that made me laugh:
linux.com: Glacier Computer is offering two Linux distributions as options on its Everest PCs. The company announced this month it is offering customers a choice of IGEL Linux or Fedora Linux distributions.
fred.dao2.com: I finally did it! Been talking about ditching Ubuntu for ages and never found the time (you know… backup, new install, restore, get familiar, etc.).
vivapinkfloyd.blogspot: Since I'm an IRC addict and I always liked to spend time learning new stuff on IRC, here is a review of several IRC clients for Linux. Some of them are well-known and popular, like XChat, Konversation or Irssi, and others are not so widely used or known, but nevertheless, they deserve mentioning.
fsckin.com: Another linux zealot at my old job gave me the heads up on this, it’s directly from gnome-cups-manager, and I thought you would all enjoy it. The only question is what illicit substances were not consumed during the writing of this file.
brajeshwar.com: It is a matter of fact that you’ll find more articles on Linux HOW-TO’s than for any other operating system! Have you tried to figure out the reason behind this?
- Mandriva working with Emtec to create innovative Gdium computers
- Free Software and ‘Politics’
- Sunday Unix/Linux Jokes - A Fair Match
- linux version of boxee is available
- Review of "Nmap Network Scanning"
- Python Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Linux Mint 5.0 Light Review
- Atheros Releases 802.11n Linux Driver
- ath9k - Atheros unveils free Linux driver for its 802.11n devices
- Not sure what to buy for Wireless? Buy Atheros
- Apple CEO Jobs' life not in danger: report
- Steve Jobs is healthy
- Putting the Sneer Before the Scoop: Joe Nocera and Steve Jobs
- Linux Mint: With Freedom Came Elegance, and Some Pain
- I Bid Adieu, Ubuntu
- Review: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa XFCE Community Edition RC1
- Ubuntu upgrade woes
penguinpetes.com: It's been a busy week for me. It's been one of those weeks where all the machines in the house gang up on me and demand attention at once. One of the computers ran out of hard drive space. So I had a bigger hard drive with four times the disk space handy, and swapped them. The steps:
blog.earneasypro: I tried all major Distros like Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, DreamLinux etc. But most of them didn't detect my wifi card. Few of them did detect my wifi card correctly but still there was no option to Configure or to make my WLAN work so that was useless. I finally tried Mandriva Linux One 2008 Spring.
dannychoo.com: I just wanted to share with you all my life changing experience. I always trusted Microsoft and Microsoft only. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why people talked of Linux as though it were the best thing since the Tenga devices. Finally, my curiosity was peaked and I purposed in my mind to install a dual boot.
- Ubuntu / Vista dual boot installation on a Sony VGN-FZ
- Mixing A Podcast In Ardour - Part 5, Part 6
- Setup ATI Graphics with AIGLX Rendering in openSUSE 11.0 for Compiz
- Setup Intel Graphics card with AIGLX Rendering for Compiz-Fusion
- Setup nVidia Graphics card with AIGLX rendering for openSUSE 11.0
maniaravings.com/blog: I bought my Thinkpad in 2001. It’s an i series 1300 and it came with modest configuration. For most of its lifetime, it has run Windows XP. My Thinkpad began to show signs of aging in 2006. I decided to try out Kubuntu.