- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Create your own custom distro images from Distroshare||Roy Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 10:51pm|
|Story||Moto G Problems From Android 4.4 KitKat Update: Battery Drain, Airplane Mode Problems||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:44pm|
|Story||Valve Updates SteamOS and Fixes the Custom-Built Compositor||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:35pm|
|Story||The Best Features Of Linux 3.16||Roy Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:33pm|
|Story||Mesa 10.2.5||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:31pm|
|Story||X.Org Server 1.16, Rootless X Now Available For Arch Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:21pm|
|Story||Wine 1.7.23 released||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:16pm|
|Story||The GPLv3 GPU Is Now Available||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:12pm|
|Story||A year without Windows and a new love of Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:08pm|
|Story||When Linux Was Perfect Enough||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 6:58pm|
- Ubuntu 9.04 Sports Modest Software Improvements But Big Plans
- The road to Jaunty: a look back at Ubuntu's history
- Shuttleworth on Jaunty, netbooks and more
- First Look at Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
- Slick New Ubuntu ‘Jaunty Jackalope’ Springs Onto Netbooks
- My First Boot of Ubuntu 9.04
- Ubuntu Installation Guide and Cheatsheet
- How to remove Mono from Ubuntu 9.04
- 15 Beautiful Ubuntu GDM Themes
- Official Release Announcement
debaira.blogspot: You may have installed countless add-on in Firefox to enhance your using experience, but if you want to get the most out of Firefox, you really have to hack your way into the about:config.
blogs.zdnet.com: Is it coincidental that Oracle announced its planned purchase of Sun (and its MySQL) at the start of the open source database’s annual conference this week?
itpro.co.uk: The recession is apparently driving some firms to look at Linux as a cost-saving alternative to Microsoft – is it time for open source to take off?
linuxjournal.com: Can Larry Ellison be stopped? By which I mean could Oracle shut down the fledgling open-source software movement through a series of acquisitions??
itworld.com: Since the turn of the decade or so, it's been regularly reported that every year will be the year during which Linux finally breaks out of its box and gains a major foothold at the desktop level. It hasn't happened yet.
zdnetasia.com: The "open" characteristic of open source tools helps enhance, rather than complicate, the teaching process, say its exponents.
In my previous guide about how to set up Enomalism2 on Ubuntu 8.10 I concentrated on just one KVM host. This tutorial is an extension to that article in that it shows how to add further Ubuntu 8.10 KVM hosts to the setup that can then be managed from one single control panel.
linux-mag.com: In this interview Torvalds looks back on the operating system he created, the impact of new hardware, and the ubiquitous OS on everything from cellphones to desktops to supercomputers.
cookingwithlinux.com: I had to send my netbook, an Acer Aspire One, for repair after three months of use. I had installed Fedora Core 10 XFCE respin, but when sending in the unit I knew that Acer would probably re-install Windows.
drivesmag.com: SERCOS International (SI) has announced it will provide an open source software driver library for the SERCOS lll real-time Ethernet communication system master implementation.
- 5 Reasons not to try Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 9.04: Nothing Short of Amazing
- Matt Cutts Talks About Ubuntu 9.04 Speed And Bugs
- Ubuntu 9.04 + branding “regression”
- The Big Picture: Timed Release Failures
- Ubuntu 9.04 released - best reviews and screenshots
thevarguy.com: The VAR Guy double-checked this rumor and got confirmation: Diskeeper may leap beyond Windows to offer disk defragmentation software on Linux and Mac OS X. What’s motivating the potential Diskeeper moves? Here’s the scoop.
gtk-desktop-info is a python tool to display various pieces of information directly on the desktop, using plugins for html rendering, with html templates and css style sheets for formatting.
- WiFi sharing service gains new Linux routers
- OSI signs an MOU with the Korea Software Copyright Committee
- Gentoo A FHS following FHS lawbreaker
- Open source at work
- MySQL: Alive and Kicking
- Bruce Perens: A Cyber-Attack on an American City
- Ubuntu: Sound, An Issue of Information
- Review of Tuxmachines.org
- Linux STBs star on Amazon HD service
- Jono Bacon: Ayatana
- Linux Outlaws 88 - BeardSQL
- Will Debian survive the rise of Linux?
- Open source community reacts to Oracle-Sun deal
- Ubuntu Linux gets a comic book
- Ubuntu CEO Sees Shift In Service Models
- Are any open source projects too big to lose
- MAPI "Progress" and Ubuntu 9.04
- What on Earth is the Open Source World Map For?
- GMX: Better Than Yahoo! Mail, GMail?
- How to convert flv to dvd iso image
- KVM & Virtual Machine Manager in Foresight
- Upgrade or Reinstall? How do you move from Intrepid to Jaunty?
- How to repair all MySQL databases on a server in one go
- How do I get a list of installed packages in Gentoo?
- Python value swap
- HOWTO: Ubuntu - Fingerprint Scanners
- Using Dropbox on Slackware
- Change the Speed of Mousewheel Scrolling in Firefox
- How to remotely access your MySQL in a secure manner
- Changing Priority on Linux Processes
- Upgrade kernel using urpmi in Mandriva
- Compile latest GIMP source (developer version) for Ubuntu 9.04
maketecheasier.com: After you have downloaded and installed Ubuntu 9.04, what is next thing you should do?
Also: Things To Do Immediately After Installing Jaunty
linux-magazine.com: Florian Effenberger is co-lead of the international OpenOffice.org marketing project. Our sister publication Linux-Community asked him how the deal between Sun and Oracle would affect OpenOffice.
praveenweb.blogspot: Here are some linux commands that you would surely need to know..if you are a linux user..
- 5 Free Backup Tools for Linux
- Back In Time - a simple backup system for Linux
- System backup program for Ubuntu Linux
- Utility backs up Linux thin clients to USB