- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
(PR): Red Hat, Inc. today announced a call for presentations for its Open Source Cloud Computing Forum, a virtual event scheduled to take place July 22, 2009.
manishtech.wordpress: Some friend of you asks you to try out Linux. How would you feel? To feel the same you need to first unmount the geekism in you and walk a mile in the shoes of a newbie.
This research aims at finding the needs, and practices of users of Gnome 2.x. Analyzing that data will give the Gnome Usability Team very precious information that will shape up the form of Gnome 3.0.
- Ubuntu 9.04 frankenreview
- Intel Graphics Performance Guide for Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) Users
- Gmount ISO - Easily Mount ISO Images with a Well-Designed API
- Jaunty Quickies
- Ubuntu and copyright
- Is Oracle Starting To Look Like Blockbuster?
- MySQL – What History Tells Us About Oracle Buying Sun
- Some new FUD about Linux and Oracle is floated
- The potential impact of Sun-Oracle on MySQL
- Are netbooks really junky?
- Why Linux Will Crush Windows 7 on Netbooks
- Netbooks: a Linux appliance opportunity
- Sign of the times: Microsoft sales drop?
customdistros.com: If you check out DistroWatch.com you will see hundreds of Linux distros available. There are distros out there for just about every purpose you can think of, except social media and social networking.
blogs.zdnet.com: Open source is the democratic process applied to software, just as Wikipedia is the same process applied to the collection of information.
danlynch.org: Essentially this is just an abbreviation of the word “distribution”, which according to dictionary.com means “an act or instance of distributing” and also “the delivery or giving out of an item or items to the intended recipients”.
opensuse.org: Jan is one of silent community mebers that is active in kernel packaging and development area. Thanks to him openSUSE users have had chance to try stable real time kernel (RT kernel).
davidhilton.wordpress: Interestingly enough, I recently upgraded to xorg-server 1.5 from 1.3. I removed my xorg file, and it works passably. It’s choice of graphics drivers is a little annoying -
- Ubuntu 9.04 Sports Modest Software Improvements But Big Plans
- The road to Jaunty: a look back at Ubuntu's history
- Shuttleworth on Jaunty, netbooks and more
- First Look at Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
- Slick New Ubuntu ‘Jaunty Jackalope’ Springs Onto Netbooks
- My First Boot of Ubuntu 9.04
- Ubuntu Installation Guide and Cheatsheet
- How to remove Mono from Ubuntu 9.04
- 15 Beautiful Ubuntu GDM Themes
- Official Release Announcement
debaira.blogspot: You may have installed countless add-on in Firefox to enhance your using experience, but if you want to get the most out of Firefox, you really have to hack your way into the about:config.
blogs.zdnet.com: Is it coincidental that Oracle announced its planned purchase of Sun (and its MySQL) at the start of the open source database’s annual conference this week?
itpro.co.uk: The recession is apparently driving some firms to look at Linux as a cost-saving alternative to Microsoft – is it time for open source to take off?
linuxjournal.com: Can Larry Ellison be stopped? By which I mean could Oracle shut down the fledgling open-source software movement through a series of acquisitions??
itworld.com: Since the turn of the decade or so, it's been regularly reported that every year will be the year during which Linux finally breaks out of its box and gains a major foothold at the desktop level. It hasn't happened yet.
zdnetasia.com: The "open" characteristic of open source tools helps enhance, rather than complicate, the teaching process, say its exponents.
In my previous guide about how to set up Enomalism2 on Ubuntu 8.10 I concentrated on just one KVM host. This tutorial is an extension to that article in that it shows how to add further Ubuntu 8.10 KVM hosts to the setup that can then be managed from one single control panel.