- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Plasma Media Center 1.3 Available||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 8:33pm|
|Story||Linux gaming||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 8:28pm|
|Story||Red Hat, Joyent, and others break down licensing barriers||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 8:28pm|
|Story||The Latest Fedora Debate: DNF Can Remove Systemd, RPM||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 7:10pm|
|Story||AUDACIOUS GOING BACK TO GTK2 STARTING WITH VERSION 3.6||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 6:11pm|
|Story||Panasonic launches 5-inch rugged handheld tablets||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 6:02pm|
|Story||Switching to Ubuntu: User Tips||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 6:00pm|
|Story||Linux Deepin Brings Mac-Like Sensibility to the Linux Desktop||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 5:33pm|
|Story||Top500 Supercomputer Remains Stuck at 33.86 Petaflops/s||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 5:13pm|
|Story||Russia Government Chooses GNU/Linux with Chips||Rianne Schestowitz||23/06/2014 - 4:55pm|
tuxradar.com: Listen carefully, folks, because this is something you don't want to miss. In precisely nine hours - at midnight GMT tonight - we'll be putting online full high-res PDFs of Linux Format issue 116. That's the current, on-sale issue of the magazine.
arstechnica.com: GNOME and KDE reign supreme on the Linux desktop, but there are many lesser-known desktop environments that are increasingly popular among users who are looking for lightweight alternatives that deliver more streamlined interfaces and a functional user experience with less overhead.
blogs.zdnet.com: Cars. Microsoft sees cars as the next frontier for computing. If GPS can remain proprietary open source will lack the enabling technology with which to get into the game.
raiden.net: IT solutions companies have been generating lots of buzz regarding thin clients basically since the early 1990s, but have yet to really penetrate into many suitable environments.
softpedia.com: Though my past experiences with Enlightenment weren't very fruitful, seeing the recent Elive Compiz made me want to see more of this unique window manager. So I started looking through the available options and I stumbled upon moonOS.
toolbox.com/blogs: I have just recently come across a new Linux distribution which has erupted onto the intanut tubes. It is so new it is not even on distrowatch yet. It is called Magma Linux.
kde.org: Qt Software has made Qt 4.5 and the Qt Creator 1.0 IDE available for download. For the first time, Qt SDK is available, a convenient bundle of the two.
opera.com: ¡Hola! We released 9.64 today. This release is a recommended security upgrade for all those running the latest stable releases.
- Linux Gazette March 2009 (#160)
- Safari loses, Firefox gains market share
- Debian Project Leader Elections 2009 nominations
- Ubuntu now offering mainline kernel builds
- Oracle's Unbreakable Linux not denting Red Hat
- Apache FtpServer 1.0.0 released
- Flock Ditching Firefox, Moving To Google Chrome
- A ClamAV - Must Antivirus for Linux Systems
- Givin some Kiosktool lovin' and how you can give some too
- Summary of the Fedora 11 - 20 Seconds Boot Feature - Test Day
- Ubuntu is a joke
- Linux Install Fest a big hit
- Funny And Fun Wallpapers: Linux And Unix Humor On A Monday
- Interview With Liz Danico - User Experience
- Windowmaker takes the back seat … again
- openSUSE Trademark Guidelines Released
- Top 10 Data Recovery Software: Windows, Linux and Mac
- The Linux Nuclear Option
- compiz fusion on puppy linux 3.00
- Using Gentoo Linux in K-12 School’s Computer Lab
- Hedging against recession with free and open source software
- What do we know about open source pricing?
- Opening up Open Sources
- Open Source Projects Surge On Mobile Devices
- Government lags the pace of open source
- Palm leads on open source development, iPhone gaining
- Pixel Density on Netbooks Compared to Other Screens
- Xandros Launches Presto, an Instant-On Mini Linux for Laptops
- Xandros instant-on platform: Who needs it?
- Netbook with Detachable Screen and Half-Day Battery Life
- Touch Book: Linux based touch screen device announced
- First 5 minutes impressions Asus Eee Pc 901 and Ubuntu 9.04 alpha 5
- Changing sound volumes in Openbox
- Finding information on your hardware openSUSE
- Set up RPM Fusion with Fedora to shore up multimedia support
- Mounting NTFS in OpenSUSE
- Debian Lenny PXE Installation on Dell PowerEdge 1950/2950 servers
- Automatically Logout SSH Sessions After Period of Inactivity
- Simple Code To Implement C's stat() function On Linux And Unix
- Read Popular Magazines for Free Using Firefox
- How To Fix Pidgin Yahoo Error " Could not establish a connection
dmytry.blogspot: One of good things said about OS X is that OS X works out of the box. But it doesn't work out of the box on any hardware - it works out of the box *on mac hardware*. I believe same can be just as well said about Linux.
workswithu.com: Governments continue to march toward open source. The Dutch government last year committed to use open standards, the French government has deployed Kubuntu desktops to over 1,000 members of parliament and staff, and a few days ago the United Kingdom government announced an Open Source action plan.
itreviews.co.uk: The process of getting hold of Knoppix Linux isn't quite as hand-holding as you might expect from your average Ubuntu distribution, but it's certainly got a few tricks of its own up its sleeve.
sys-con.com: Being in the security business, I am constantly surprised by how many companies continue to rely on security practices that they know to be poor.
benhay.blogspot: Outrageously good. The livecd boots faster than most hdd installs. System booted, installed to hdd, and rebooted to hard drive install in less time than the Fedora livecd required just to get to a login prompt.
beginlinux.wordpress: DreamLinux Desktop 3.5 Edition was released on March 1st, 2009. The distro has experienced some significant changes recently and it really seemed to do it for me in the past so i thought I’d give it a try and see what it could offer me.
dedoimedo.com: In this article, I'm going to show you a number of simple, yet highly useful tricks that will make your scripting life easier. True, this article may appeal to the more geeky segment of my readers, but there's no reason to stop reading.
blogs.zdnet.com: The better a project’s commercial arm the faster that project can progress. Drupal offers a great example.