- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Ubuntu Touch Can Now Be Used to Control AR Drones||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 6:24pm|
|Story||Debian PPA Utility||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 6:20pm|
|Story||Google Chrome 38 Beta Update Improved KDE Wallet Compatibility||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 6:12pm|
|Story||HardenedBSD: The Latest BSD Project That Aims To Boost Security||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 6:05pm|
|Story||Linux Desktop Fragmentation Is a Feature, Not a Bug||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 5:59pm|
|Story||Android-x86 4.4 review – technically a distro?||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 5:52pm|
|Story||More Linux Benchmarks Of The AMD FX-8370E / FX-8370 / FX-9590||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 5:13pm|
|Story||Best Android tablets (September 2014 edition)||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 5:08pm|
|Story||Tux Machines Ten Months Later||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 4:54pm|
|Story||Samsung's Tizen-Based Gear S Throws a Curve at Smartwatch Market||Rianne Schestowitz||04/09/2014 - 4:45pm|
everyjoe.com: The other night, I became curious about Moblin because of the different user interface it has. It was said to be made specifically for Intel-powered netbooks. Even if its just in Beta, I really had to get its img and try it out myself.
junauza.com: A few more days from now, the latest and hopefully the greatest version of one of the most popular Linux distribution will be released. Let's take a look at some of the many great features.
mok0.wordpress: I’m a bit disappointed in the Dell’s build quality. I find the Mini 10 a bit plastic-y too. Apart from that, the Mini 10 has some really nice features.
softsaurus.org: The Open Source project behind the Google Chrome browser called Chromium has finally established an official Alpha release and it promises to be a very lightweight swiss army knife once completed.
In this tutorial I will describe how to install and configure MyDNS and MyDNSConfig 3 on Fedora 10. MyDNS is a DNS server that uses a MySQL database as backend instead of configuration files like, for example, Bind or djbdns. MyDNSConfig is an easy to use web-based interface to MyDNS.
- Why Don't You Love Flock?
- The Long Road to Gentoo
- Managed Service Provider Hosts Ubuntu Linux Desktops
- Edubuntu must review its core focus
- The Ultimate Linux Device - The Kickfire Appliance
- Simple Fault Diagnosis in Ubuntu
- Mapping EUI Network Drives on Linux
- 10 years of Krita
- Upgrade to Jaunty
- Where to Buy a Preinstalled Linux Desktop/Laptop
- How to mount your Journalized HFS+ disk in Linux...
blog.eracc.com: To date Intuit has failed to create desktop GNU/Linux versions of Quicken and QuickBooks. The “experts” tout this as a show stopper keeping people from switching from Microsoft. There is no reason it should stop everyone.
tuxradar.com: Most distributions configure your graphics card and display automatically, but xorg.conf is still well worth fiddling with. It's a text file that contains all the configurations details.
pclinuxos2007.blogspot: Puppy has long been the posterboy for all those who needed a light distribution. It is an independent distribution on diet by JWM and a careful selection of applications.
blog.cosmix.org: If anything the sudden appearance of Moblin has proven, beyond any doubt, that corporate support is essential if linux — and the open source community — is going to survive beyond a very very small niche.
- How to Import Data From Spreadsheet into OpenOffice.org Database
- Gnome thumbnails in CentOS
- Portable VirtualBox
- Linux Limit CPU Usage Per Process
- Broadcasting Video from Ubuntu with WebcamStudio
- How to open a second X session in Linux
blog.ibeentoubuntu: I'm not excited about where Gnome 3.0 is going. I don't oppose the project. I think they should instead evolve the WIMP model to make it better. With that in mind, here are some up-and-coming projects that I think Gnome should consider mentoring for inclusion.
informationweek.com: Our Linux expert tries out netbook-ready Puppy Linux, Ubuntu Netbook Remix, Xubuntu, gOS, and Moblin, and reports on how they stack up.
hboeck.de: A german webpage called jugendschutzprogramm.de provides filters for webpages potentially dangerous for children. Now some people noticed that this page considers quite a lot dangerous.
enterprisenetworkingplanet.com: GNU Screen is a terminal multiplexer program that Linux folk have used for ages. It allows you to turn one terminal into many, and run processes even after logging out. In this article we will give a brief overview.
Gnome Art is an art website which allows you to download and install various items such as icons, backgrounds, desktop themes, login window theme and gtk engine. This website comes with a very interesting application which is in the Ubuntu repositories. If you want to install it, run this in a terminal: Full story
- Lancelot 1.7: What's New
- A new feature for Krita
- Open Source vs Proprietary Routing Rumble
- Open Source Consolidation: Less is More?
- Red Hat Open Source Forum
- Statistics, Market Share, Logic, and Why There Probably Can't Be Only One
- User buy-in and clear decisions key to OSS migration
- European Open Source Procurement Guidelines
- New Firefox Icon: Iteration 6
- New Firefox Icon: Iteration 7
- Cisco Becomes Infected by the GNU GPL
- Sometimes Linux is really better
- My Flirtation With Linux Is Over
- The Cisco surrender to open source
- Windows 7, you are our only hope
- 550 Days Later, UT3 Linux Appears Dead
- Space Saving Tips for Your GNOME Desktop
- List 10 biggest files in a directory
- Ubuntu Tip : gecko-mediaplayer - Media plug-in
- Date and Calendar Module in Drupal 5: Part 1
- Disable extension install delay counter in Firefox
- Fix Flash Problems on Ubuntu
- How to view a configuration file without the comments
- Working with Drupal Audio in Flash (part 1)
- Working with Drupal Audio in Flash (part 2)
- Install Windows Games in Linux with PlayOnLinux
- Create a 3D logo with The GIMP
- PiTiVi - An Awesome Video Editor Based on GStreamer
- How to upgrade to openoffice3.1 in LinuxMint -felicia-
- Install hundreds of fonts in Ubuntu 9.04
itpro.co.uk: Linux International executive director Jon ‘maddog’ Hall looks forward to a time when users aren’t forced into ‘closed’ relationships with phone providers.