- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Preview: AMD's FX-9590 Eight-Core At Up To 5.0GHz On Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 7:15pm|
|Story||Ultimate Linux Mint 1.4 Looks Much Better than Its Linux Mint Cinnamon Base – Gallery||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 2:49pm|
|Story||Matching databases to Linux distros||Roy Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 11:32am|
|Story||The Curious Case of Raspberry Pi Consumerism||Roy Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 11:28am|
|Story||Google Chrome 38 Beta Brings New Guest Mode and Easier Incognito Mode Switching||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 8:42am|
|Story||PfSense 2.1.5 Is a Free and Powerful FreeBSD-Based Firewall Operating System||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 8:23am|
|Story||A free culture event in Pakistan||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 8:18am|
|Story||Mesa 10.3 release candidate 2||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 3:26am|
|Story||Linux 3.17-rc3||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 3:21am|
|Story||Revisiting How We Put Together Linux Systems||Rianne Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 2:24am|
- Do more with less
- When Do You Have To Use The Terminal?
- Wait, I Thought Command Lines Were More Evil Than Hitler?
This tutorial shows how you can set up a Mandriva One 2009.1 desktop (with the GNOME desktop environment) that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
pclinuxos2007.blogspot: My Last tryst with Mandriva was the Powerpack version of 2008. It was good but not great. 2009 Spring release is great in many ways.
techradar.com: What kind of user are you? Take a step back and ask yourself what you need from a Linux distribution.
itwire.com: Today, May 10th 2009, is Mother's day for many countries around the world from Anguilla to Zimbabwe. How fitting, then, to offer a tribute to Linus Torvalds, the "mother" of Linux.
- Linux Basement - Episode 39 - Chad in a FOG
- FLOSS Weekly 68: Cinelerra and Lumiera
- Should Software Developers Be Liable for their Code?
- Synchronize Google Calender and Accept Microsoft Outlook
- Meeting Invites in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Fedora 11 Deltarpms: The Doom That Wasn't
- Report: Linuxfest Northwest 2009
- Windows 7 Transformation Pack for KDE
- I still dislike github
- Howto Set Up Conky On Ubuntu Jaunty
- A Look at Firefox Custom Builds
- Red Hat / CentOS Install mod_security
- Open a file from the command line using its default application
- The First Computer Mouse - Circa 1964
jjtcomputing.co.uk: Mandriva 2009.1 was released earlier last month and I finally got round to testing it. Mandriva has always been a good distro in my eyes, being easy to use, quick and with plenty of eye-candy.
thelinuxlink.net: Today was a sad day. I found out my streaming mirror/microblog server had been cracked. They exploited webmin and set up shop. Alas, there is no one to blame but myself. This is how I believe it went down.
dedoimedo.com: It's almost exciting as Alien vs. Predator, only a little more sad. It's a tale of two Firefox addon developers, Giorgio Maone wielding Noscript and Wladimir Palant brandishing Adblock Plus, crossing swords in a battle of egos and subterfuge, while the poor world of Firefox users watched in consternation.
Please read below to get more information about Mandriva isos content.
techradar.com: Ultraportable laptops – netbooks such as the Eee PC – are becoming increasingly popular. The distro that comes pre-installed might not be the best one for you, and there's a massive number of distros available that are aimed at netbooks.
news.cnet.com: Jay Last and Gordon Moore, two of the most famous surviving men of the team that first created the planar integrated circuit, celebrate the IC's 50th anniversary at the Computer History Museum.
- Ubuntu Poem by a Kid
- How to Install OpenOffice.org 3.1 on Ubuntu 9.04
- Reasons To Hate Ubuntu
- Erase CD-RW In Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 1 freeze ahead
- Jaunty Notifications, but why did Ted Dzuiba bash it?
linuxsysconfig.com: I agree that Linux is less vulnerable than Windows, but that doesn’t make it immune to attackers. It’s not always about security flaws, buffer overflows or denial of service attacks. I came up with a list of 10 basic rules that should reduce the security risk.
beginlinux.wordpress: I train administrators every day. I often work with administrators who are moving from a Windows server background to Linux. One of the most often asked questions is, “Is there a graphical interface to administer the server with?”
toolbox.com/blogs: In my travels around the internet and in talking with friends, co-workers and acquaintances I have noticed one thing. The word Linux is popping up more and more.
- Ubuntu 9.04 – a replacement for Windows?
- Cheat Sheet: Netbooks
- Impressive: The new XBMC Media Center
- Trademarks: The Hidden Menace
- Howto block DDOS attacks with PSAD and simple iptables rules
- Open source enterprise software shakeout
- Microsoft now attempts to sabotage ODF
- A Nice Linux ScreenSaver
- WINE 1.1.21 Starts On Shader Model 4 Support
- Lugradio Live 2009
- Fast Is Hot
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Tcl
- Getting insight into one’s own email
- Easily manage Linux services with chkconfig and sysv-rc-conf utilities
- Create a Bootable USB Drive with Ubuntu and FreeDOS
- ACme: Wireless Energy Management Goes Open Source
- I did the deed (Ubuntu upgrade)
- Altitude Free Weekend for PC, Mac, and Linux
www.geek.com: As we await a major Android update scheduled this coming Monday, we take an in-depth look at its top 10 user-centric features that up the ante in the mobile arena.
linux-foundation.org/weblogs/amanda: Some months ago, we received a steady stream of reporter questions asking, “With the emergence of Cloud computing, what will happen to Linux?” Somehow they thought it was a zero sum game and that the rise of Cloud meant the extinction of Linux.
pcmag.com: Dell has added Ubuntu as an option to its Inspiron Mini 10 netbook, a Dell spokeswoman wrote in a blog post this week. Also on Dell's to-do list: a 2-Gbyte RAM option, and an ATSC TV tuner.