- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||KDE Releases in the Future||Rianne Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 7:05am|
|Story||Preview Of AMD Radeon R9 290 Hawaii Open-Source Performance||Rianne Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 6:58am|
|Story||Why I don't distro-hop: Because work. And pain.||Rianne Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 6:49am|
|Story||Meet Sascha Meinrath - Akademy Keynote Speaker||Rianne Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 6:41am|
|Story||Is Open Source Becoming the De Facto Standard in the Data Center?||Rianne Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 6:30am|
|Story||Leftovers: Gaming||Roy Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 12:23am|
|Story||today's howtos||Roy Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 12:22am|
|Story||Video: Which Super Hero Would the Linux Community Be?||Roy Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 12:09am|
|Story||Cheapo Firefox OS mobes to debut in India – definitely not one for selfie-conscious users||Roy Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 12:03am|
|Story||Red Hat: ARM servers will come when people crank out chips like AMD's 64-bit Seattle||Roy Schestowitz||24/08/2014 - 12:01am|
muskratsweb.net: I just recently downloaded and installed Mepis again. I’ll have to say, it has really improved from previous installs I’ve tried. Before it was based on Ubuntu and had the blot inherited from such a blotted upstream distro.
tuxarena.blogspot: I was pleased to hear a while ago that K3b got two new developers assigned by the Mandriva project and that work at the KDE4 port is going well now.
- Five Minutes of Ubuntu 9.04
- Best IM Client For Ubuntu
- Disable Notifications in Ubuntu 9.04
- change the way Ubuntu 9.04 notifies you of updates
- Why is hating Ubuntu popular?
- How-To: Enable Last.fm Song Submission in CMus
- Xmind: Best Mind Maping Software For Ubuntu
- Ubuntu: Jaunty isn’t Pretty
- My first trial with Ubuntu - Hopeless
- 25 Ubuntu related sites that you can’t afford to miss
Over time K3b got its reputation as one of the most powerful burning applications not only for KDE, but for Linux in general. This short guide will list several easy steps you need to follow in order to compile and install K3b from source.
This tutorial shows how to set up an Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (Ubuntu 9.04) server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable), Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Courier POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, etc.
1. Using UNetbootin (for Windows and Linux)
2. Using Win32 Image Writer (Windows only)
3. Using usb-imagewriter (Ubuntu Only)
4. Using Diskutil (Mac OS X only)
Read the full story, here.
- Jon "Maddog" Hall @ LinuxFest Northwest
- last - See any user login history
- The Linux Action Show! Season 10 Episode 3
- How to Install Java in Ubuntu 9.04
- new boxee version for Ubuntu, update for Mac and Apple TV
- users, who - Display who is logged in your system
- How To Install Google Gears on 64-bit Linux
- Windows 7 RC Arriving Just In Time To Compare To Ubuntu
- More Funny Applications Errors
- Netbooks: Best of the Best
- E17 now available in Entropy
- What Does Linux Benchmarking Look Like?
- New Unigine Project Will Work On Linux
- Screensavers of Death
- Code Project: Build an Ncurses UI with Python
- Humor: Famous Geeks Make Babies With Hollywood Celebrities
keithp.com: This week, we finished up our 2009 Q1 release of the Intel driver. Most of the effort for this quarter has been to stabilize the recent work, focusing on serious bugs and testing as many combinations as we could manage.
meandubuntu.wordpress: I got into a discussion on IRC the other day with a mono supporter. One of the things that came up on a tangent was Moonlight, Novell’s implementation of Microsoft’s weapon-of-hope against Adobe’s Flash.
netbookchoice.com: GeunSik Lim, a Samsung software developer specialising in embedded Linux system design, has compared the netbook boot times for several Linux-based operating systems to see which was fastest.
d0od.blogspot: Display album art (and lyrics!) for your playing tracks right on your desktop! Installation is simple, and I'll guide you through making a launcher for it too!
freesoftwaremagazine.com: Recently, I had to fact-check some older articles I wrote about One Laptop Per Child in order to bring them up to date. This meant digging through the controversy in 2008, and what I found was some pretty appalling human behavior.
- Full Circle magazine - issue 24 released to an unsuspecting public
- Ubuntu 9.04 Review - Desktop Emphasis on the Jaunty Jackalope
- Jaunty Boots 32% Faster on the MSI Wind
- Ubuntu 9.04 Review
- Ubuntu is for spinners
- Kudos to Ubuntu for a great upgrade experience
- Top 10 Ubuntu Downloads
dedoimedo.com: No matter which operating system you want to have installed on your machine, there's one thing they all have in common: partitions. Being able to control the partitions is one of the most basic, most important aspects of mastering your operating system.
blog.hydrasystemsllc: Recently I have been reading articles about the new Btrfs and its benchmarks for the Linux kernel. I have also been reading other articles relating to file system maintenance.
- 5 Things To Do After Installing Jaunty
- A Kid’s review of Ubuntu
- Multimedia Support in Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
- Ubuntu Jaunty Upgrade Not A Pleasant Experience
- Ubuntu 9.04: Making Sense of Resources
- List of Repositories for Ubuntu 9.04
- Creative Zen X-Fi and Ubuntu Linux - Solution
h-online.com: This spring sees a burst of activity for Linux distributions. In addition to Ubuntu and Mandriva, FreeBSD and OpenBSD also put final touches on their new releases
These players are among the top audio players for console available on Linux. Although several use only a command-line interface, several come with a nice, ncurses-based interface which makes music management easier and pleasant.
blogs.zdnet.com: Every once in a while I get email like this one: "I’m interested to get your opinion on Linux and how it compares to UNIX and other UNIX-like operating systems."
itwire.com: This week was a historic one for Microsoft with the firm reporting its biggest drop in both quarterly profits and revenue in its 23-year history as a public entity.