- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
- New Tricks in Opera 10
- Opera 10 is just too good to ignore
- Open your Wings with Opera 10
- CrunchPad: The Launch Prototype
- CrunchPad Nears Production, Looks Awesome
- (Tech)Crunch time approaches for the CrunchPad
- Crunchpad launch prototype looks like dreams come true
- Amarok 2.1 "Let There Be Light" released
- Amarok 2.1 released
- Amarok 2.1 Released
- Amarok 2.1 Brings a Plethora of Cool Features
- Timeline: 40 years of Unix
- Unix turns 40: The past, present and future of a revolutionary OS
- On the shoulders of giants: Three Unix movers and shakers
- The Unix family tree
- Survey: Unix has a long and healthy future, say users
thesiliconjungle.wordpress: There are lots of games in the world of open source, which means lots of cheap fun. I’m pretty new to open source games, but here are 5 of those rare, addiction-inducing open source games.
- 10 things you can do faster with the command line
- Software installation in Linux is difficult
- Fedora 11's Ace-in-the-Hole: Microsoft Exchange Interoperability
- Microsoft may be Firefox's worst vulnerability
- Opera 10 beta: screenshots
- Is Moblin Headed Up Or Just Sideways?
- Gentoo dying?
- Cisco announces Linux-app finalists
- Separating the leeches from the potential contributors
- Why Linux is Better than Mac
- Synapse - A Cool New IM Application
- Mounting 13TB Raid
- Jacksonville using Drupal
- Is The Oracle Acquisition of Sun Cause For Worry?
- Business and FOSS
- LiMo Foundation Readies Next Release
- A FS song that doesn’t suck
- Red Hat virtual desktop technology heads into beta tests
- Terminator comes to fix your Terminal!
- Showing a Video As Your Desktop Background
- Adding a directory to your $PATH
- Make a blue Ubuntu wallpaper in Gimp
- Linux Find Out If PCI Hardware Supported or Not In The
- Current Running Kernel
- Linux Performance Administration
- Checklist for configuring a Debian system
- What is a Linux Distribution?
- What is Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE
- Linux Mint Gloria on Toshiba Portege 4010
- quick grub install for gentoo users
linux-mag.com: KDE 4 creator Matthias Ettrich, envisaged a Unix desktop with a common look and feel. KDE 4 has been released for over a year now, has it met this goal?
nuxified.org: A couple of years ago I would probably easily dismiss the idea of trying out a new version of Windows on the basis of a Free Software ideology or the chorus of voices of Free Software or Open Source fans saying how it just sucks and I better not bother. But things have changed.
blogs.computerworld: I can barely keep track of all the Linux netbook-related announcements from this week's Computex trade show, and I follow this stuff for a living. So, I sat down and put together a list.
linuxgeeksunited.blogspot: I thought I would post on of my older little 'dabbles' like this just for fun. Who knows, someone might even like it.
zdnet.com: Over the years, the question “is Linux ready for the desktop” has been raised time and time again. While desktop Linux adoption has yet to go completely mainstream, recent indicators show that a major change is underfoot.
linuxplanet.com: Not all that along ago, I was hearing rumors that the release of Windows 7 will spell the death of Linux on tiny notebook type computers called netbooks. Despite netbooks not requiring the Windows OS desktop Linux remains largely unknown.
blog.mandriva.com: Work on Mandriva Linux 2010 release has already started for some weeks now. Final planning is finally out. First milestone is planned for 18th of June.
lizards.opensuse.org: I am happy to announce that the universal Go-oo 3.1 build is available for Windows, Linux (i586, x86_64), and MAC OSX Intel.
I have used Amarok for over 3 years I think, but I decided to look for another music player. And I'm very picky when it comes to music players, so I tested: Rythmbox (obviously, it comes with Ubuntu), Jajuk, aTunes, the new Exaile and Banshee, Songbird, Guayadeque and GMusicBrowser
blogs.techrepublic.com: If you’ve always worked with a Windows or Mac desktop, you may not know what you’re missing. Jack Wallen says the Linux desktop offers numerous advantages worth checking out — from efficient and flexible design to superior update systems.
linuxtidbits.wordpress: There are several programs to get mail notifications in the notification tray in KDE 4 but up until now there have been no native KDE ones.
zdnet.co.uk: Jeremy Fennell, PC World's category director, said in a statement on Monday that all the netbooks in PC World's stores will feature Microsoft Windows.
ostatic.com/blog: The Flock browser is one of those things you either get right away or scratch your head and wonder why anyone would use it. It's not as visually clean as other browsers, but if you're steeped in social media or crazy about Flickr and YouTube then you'll love Flock the second you fire it up.