- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||$49 TiVo OTA and streaming DVR targets cordcutters||Roy Schestowitz||26/08/2014 - 7:59am|
|Story||Android One set for India debut in September; Micromax, Karbonn ready to launch smartphones||Rianne Schestowitz||26/08/2014 - 7:58am|
|Story||Kali Tools Website Launched, 1.0.9 Released||Roy Schestowitz||26/08/2014 - 7:53am|
|Story||Android may have already killed Samsung's Tizen OS||Rianne Schestowitz||26/08/2014 - 7:51am|
|Story||Leftovers: Software||Roy Schestowitz||26/08/2014 - 1:00am|
|Story||today's howtos||Roy Schestowitz||26/08/2014 - 12:59am|
|Story||Leftovers: Gaming||Roy Schestowitz||26/08/2014 - 12:58am|
|Story||Haiku debates kernel switch (but it's not happening)||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 10:23pm|
|Story||Zorin OS 9 Core Review: As good as Linux Mint 17!||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 10:18pm|
|Story||Linux Performance Tools at LinuxCon North America 2014||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 10:16pm|
linux-mag.com: In this interview Torvalds looks back on the operating system he created, the impact of new hardware, and the ubiquitous OS on everything from cellphones to desktops to supercomputers.
cookingwithlinux.com: I had to send my netbook, an Acer Aspire One, for repair after three months of use. I had installed Fedora Core 10 XFCE respin, but when sending in the unit I knew that Acer would probably re-install Windows.
drivesmag.com: SERCOS International (SI) has announced it will provide an open source software driver library for the SERCOS lll real-time Ethernet communication system master implementation.
- 5 Reasons not to try Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 9.04: Nothing Short of Amazing
- Matt Cutts Talks About Ubuntu 9.04 Speed And Bugs
- Ubuntu 9.04 + branding “regression”
- The Big Picture: Timed Release Failures
- Ubuntu 9.04 released - best reviews and screenshots
thevarguy.com: The VAR Guy double-checked this rumor and got confirmation: Diskeeper may leap beyond Windows to offer disk defragmentation software on Linux and Mac OS X. What’s motivating the potential Diskeeper moves? Here’s the scoop.
gtk-desktop-info is a python tool to display various pieces of information directly on the desktop, using plugins for html rendering, with html templates and css style sheets for formatting.
- WiFi sharing service gains new Linux routers
- OSI signs an MOU with the Korea Software Copyright Committee
- Gentoo A FHS following FHS lawbreaker
- Open source at work
- MySQL: Alive and Kicking
- Bruce Perens: A Cyber-Attack on an American City
- Ubuntu: Sound, An Issue of Information
- Review of Tuxmachines.org
- Linux STBs star on Amazon HD service
- Jono Bacon: Ayatana
- Linux Outlaws 88 - BeardSQL
- Will Debian survive the rise of Linux?
- Open source community reacts to Oracle-Sun deal
- Ubuntu Linux gets a comic book
- Ubuntu CEO Sees Shift In Service Models
- Are any open source projects too big to lose
- MAPI "Progress" and Ubuntu 9.04
- What on Earth is the Open Source World Map For?
- GMX: Better Than Yahoo! Mail, GMail?
- How to convert flv to dvd iso image
- KVM & Virtual Machine Manager in Foresight
- Upgrade or Reinstall? How do you move from Intrepid to Jaunty?
- How to repair all MySQL databases on a server in one go
- How do I get a list of installed packages in Gentoo?
- Python value swap
- HOWTO: Ubuntu - Fingerprint Scanners
- Using Dropbox on Slackware
- Change the Speed of Mousewheel Scrolling in Firefox
- How to remotely access your MySQL in a secure manner
- Changing Priority on Linux Processes
- Upgrade kernel using urpmi in Mandriva
- Compile latest GIMP source (developer version) for Ubuntu 9.04
maketecheasier.com: After you have downloaded and installed Ubuntu 9.04, what is next thing you should do?
Also: Things To Do Immediately After Installing Jaunty
linux-magazine.com: Florian Effenberger is co-lead of the international OpenOffice.org marketing project. Our sister publication Linux-Community asked him how the deal between Sun and Oracle would affect OpenOffice.
praveenweb.blogspot: Here are some linux commands that you would surely need to know..if you are a linux user..
- 5 Free Backup Tools for Linux
- Back In Time - a simple backup system for Linux
- System backup program for Ubuntu Linux
- Utility backs up Linux thin clients to USB
pcworld.com: The Mozilla Foundation says it is still on track to release Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 sometime later this week despite the lack of a firm release date.
cnet.com: Red Hat is an open-source company, while Novell is not, as Novell's CEO and CFO both emphasized in Novell's most recent earnings call. Sun, for its part, was desperately trying to reinvent itself as an open-source company, but struggled to do so given the weight of its declining hardware businesses.
pcworld.com: The latest version of the Linux kernel includes an experimental driver module that tears apart the fabric of space-time. Keir Thomas tested this module, and in doing so managed to retrieve the following article, posted on PC World supersite in the year 2025.
- Netbook 2009: The four big changes
- OCZ Neutrino "DIY" Netbook Reviewed
- Intel Linux Driver Kills The Netbook Experience
- Opinion: Microsoft still harming netbook markets
- MSI Wind vs ASUS Eee PC vs MacBook Air vs Acer Aspire 4710
Learn how to convert a physical server to a virtual one using the open source tool Clonezilla Live
maketecheasier.com: There are a lot of contenders in the ring when it comes to open source desktop environments. I’d been hearing more and more about a new challenger for the lightweight crown, LXDE. Can it stack up against the likes of Window Maker, Enlightenment, and Openbox?
cnet.com: Red Hat stands alone as the only significant public open-source company. Is this a testament to its execution, or is it a hint that open source is not well-suited to big business?
customdistros.com: I’ve noticed that if you spend any time investigating the benefits of using Linux you will undoubtedly run across a few people commenting on how customizable it is. A person can tweak their desktop to make it look and behave to their precise liking.