- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
linux-mag.com: Looking for a mature, open source database that’s not owned by Oracle? Whether you’re already a fan or are looking for alternatives, now might be a good time to take a look PostgreSQL.
- Ubuntu a true rival for Win7, Mac OS X
- Using The Nouveau Driver In Ubuntu 9.04
- How To: Fix Stuttering Sound in 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
- Four Simple Features That Set Ubuntu Apart
- A Good News - Bad News Week For Ubuntu Server
- 8 Features of Ubuntu Remix for Netbooks
- Announcing the Ubuntu Gaming Team
Based on ncurses, MOC (music on console) is a popular, text-based audio player which can play various audio formats, including Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, MP4, WMA and WAV. The release I'm going to talk about in this article is 2.5.0-alpha3, as it comes with Debian Lenny.
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope doesn't show the update icon in the system tray when there are updates available. This is because the update system was changed in Ubuntu Jaunty: [...] Full Story
In the new Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope, Intel graphic (video) drivers 965 (x3000 or x3100) are blacklisted so you cannot run Compiz thus your desktop effects cannot be enabled. There is a way to enable desktop effects.
- Linux cache poisoning attacks easier than on Windows?
- Palm Pre spotted in the wild
- iPC Leopard
- Does Linux, Mac OS Need Defragmentation Software?
- Dropbox rpm for Mandriva 2009 and 2009.1
- GP2X Wiz open source hand held to get app store
- Open-source uptake on the rise, according to Forrester
- Reaping the Benefits of Open Source
- Ubuntu 9.04 Takes A Swipe At Microsoft
- Will OpenOffice survive the Oracle-Sun takeover?
- Cloud computing is 'security nightmare,' says Cisco CEO
- Some interesting firsts for cloud OS
- Drupal mentioned in Forbes
- Manually Adding Screensavers To gnome-screensaver
- Commandline 101: su and sudo
- Find the longest line in a file
- Make Google Earth Use Your GTK Theme!
- Linux Migration for the Home PC User, Part 7
- Cipher benchmark for dm-crypt / LUKS
(PR): Red Hat, Inc. today announced a call for presentations for its Open Source Cloud Computing Forum, a virtual event scheduled to take place July 22, 2009.
manishtech.wordpress: Some friend of you asks you to try out Linux. How would you feel? To feel the same you need to first unmount the geekism in you and walk a mile in the shoes of a newbie.
This research aims at finding the needs, and practices of users of Gnome 2.x. Analyzing that data will give the Gnome Usability Team very precious information that will shape up the form of Gnome 3.0.
- Ubuntu 9.04 frankenreview
- Intel Graphics Performance Guide for Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) Users
- Gmount ISO - Easily Mount ISO Images with a Well-Designed API
- Jaunty Quickies
- Ubuntu and copyright
- Is Oracle Starting To Look Like Blockbuster?
- MySQL – What History Tells Us About Oracle Buying Sun
- Some new FUD about Linux and Oracle is floated
- The potential impact of Sun-Oracle on MySQL
- Are netbooks really junky?
- Why Linux Will Crush Windows 7 on Netbooks
- Netbooks: a Linux appliance opportunity
- Sign of the times: Microsoft sales drop?
customdistros.com: If you check out DistroWatch.com you will see hundreds of Linux distros available. There are distros out there for just about every purpose you can think of, except social media and social networking.
blogs.zdnet.com: Open source is the democratic process applied to software, just as Wikipedia is the same process applied to the collection of information.
danlynch.org: Essentially this is just an abbreviation of the word “distribution”, which according to dictionary.com means “an act or instance of distributing” and also “the delivery or giving out of an item or items to the intended recipients”.
opensuse.org: Jan is one of silent community mebers that is active in kernel packaging and development area. Thanks to him openSUSE users have had chance to try stable real time kernel (RT kernel).
davidhilton.wordpress: Interestingly enough, I recently upgraded to xorg-server 1.5 from 1.3. I removed my xorg file, and it works passably. It’s choice of graphics drivers is a little annoying -
- Ubuntu 9.04 Sports Modest Software Improvements But Big Plans
- The road to Jaunty: a look back at Ubuntu's history
- Shuttleworth on Jaunty, netbooks and more
- First Look at Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
- Slick New Ubuntu ‘Jaunty Jackalope’ Springs Onto Netbooks
- My First Boot of Ubuntu 9.04
- Ubuntu Installation Guide and Cheatsheet
- How to remove Mono from Ubuntu 9.04
- 15 Beautiful Ubuntu GDM Themes
- Official Release Announcement