- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Top 4 open source invoicing tools for freelancers and small businesses||Rianne Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 12:50pm|
|Story||Windows XP: Your upgrade experiences||Roy Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 10:05am|
|Story||Testing Fedora 21 fitness for world population with Internationalization||Roy Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 9:22am|
|Story||Ondemand vs. Performance CPU Governing For AMD FX CPUs On Linux 3.17||Rianne Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 8:04am|
|Story||Google Sends Invites for September 15 India Event; Android One Launch Likely||Rianne Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 7:58am|
|Story||Linux kernel developer Dmitry Monakhov arrested for protesting Ukraine invasion||Rianne Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 5:39am|
|Story||Thank You Akademy 2014 Sponsors||Rianne Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 3:54am|
|Story||Linux @ About.com||Rianne Schestowitz||02/09/2014 - 12:29am|
|Story||Leftovers: Software||Roy Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 9:21pm|
|Story||today's howtos||Roy Schestowitz||01/09/2014 - 9:21pm|
linuxhaxor.net: Inkscape is a great open source alternative for commercial vector editor like Illustrator the same way Gimp is an alternative for Photoshop and Blender is for Maya. I have come across some amazing tutorials that have helped me greatly. I hope these tutorials will help you.
- Amazing Ubuntu Linux themes, Icons & Walls to give your desktop a Fresh Look
- Shopping delivered to Great Grandma, by Ubuntu Linux
- Learn to package apps for Ubuntu
- Wah? Your Dell Inspiron Mini9 is an Ubuntu Server?
- Just what is Jaunty Jackalope?
- Ubuntu Requests Reviewers to Handle Flood of Brainstorm Ideas
oooninja.com: It's time for an OpenOffice.org benchmark rematch. Go-oo has been proudly boasting it is "Better, Faster, Freer," but last time when we tested OpenOffice.org 2.4, Go-oo came in fourth place out of four.
tycheent.wordpress: The Developers and MOTUs for Ubuntu have seen fit to add PulseAudio to the audio stack. And I do mean add it to the stack. It sits on top of Alsa and attempts to manage the way people use their audio. And yes, it sits on top of Alsa, not replaces it.
This tutorial is for UNIX system developers and administrators who are looking for the best ways to troubleshoot applications problems running on their systems.
Not so long ago I put up a tutorial which included three useful tips for Konqueror 3.5.9 (KDE3), and one of them was how to create an Open as Root service menu for directories. In this how-to I will show how to accomplish the same thing in KDE4 this time, for both Dolphin and Konqueror.
ostatic.com/blog: Remember the IBM "Peace, Love, Linux" campaign? I remember seeing Tux's smiling face on taxi cab billboards (and spray painted on sidewalks) all over Boston. I can't discount that the ad's approach and playfulness wasn't some sort of subliminal influence.
phoronix.com: Last week marked the release of the Ubuntu 9.04 Beta and this week there is the planned release of the Fedora 11 Beta. Being the Linux benchmarking fanatics that we are, we set out to run a few performance tests comparing the Ubuntu 9.04 Beta to the latest Rawhide packages that will make up today's Fedora 11 Beta release.
laptoplogic.com: Defining the best Linux distros is like defining the best car--one does not exist; instead, the best cars are the ones that meet your needs, and your needs may vary wildly from the needs of another person.
apcmag.com: 2.6.29 is made up of 11,010,647 lines of code, with the number of developers who contributed to it reaching a record high of 1,166. Unlike the lines of code that make up the kernel, the number of developers has not been constantly climbing.
itwire.com: In a shock announcement, Microsoft has today taken majority ownership of software house Novell. This immediately gives the Redmond giant control of Novell's intellectual property assets including the legal copyright over UNIX.
In this guide I will show how to create CD/DVD ISO images in Ubuntu using four easy methods. 1. Create ISO Images With K3b 2. Create ISO images with Brasero 3. Create ISO images using AcetoneISO2 4. Create ISO images using command-line
Enomalism ECP (Elastic Computing Platform) provides a web-based control panel that lets you design, deploy, and manage virtual machines on one or more host systems (in the case of multiple systems, we speak of a cluster or cloud).
- more plasma screencastiness
- What Have You Done For Linux Today?
- Python first impressions
- FSF releases audio recording of LibrePlanet conference
- Billix: The Distro to Install Distros
- Billion dollar opportunity? Phooey!
- Fedora 11 coming closer
- Linus Torvalds in Softpedia Weekly
- Italicize Your Unread Tabs in Firefox without an Extension
- IBM-led Open Cloud Manifesto: Who's in, who's out?
- Life in Linux
- Linux on the desktop: cheap trick or pragmatist’s dream?
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Paludis
- Michael Robertson Could Sue You For Your Blog
- Change mysql server time zone
- Boot an ISO image from hard disk?
- Nagios made easy
- How PAM works
- Firefox and KDE: How to Play Nice
- Medibuntu: non-free-codecs for Jaunty
- Measuring Heavy CPU Usage Over Time
- Password-less SSH Connection
- Running Complex Commands with sudo
- Getting Started with Firewall Builder
- Get a stable and secure server setup with CentOS, RPMForge, and Utter Ramblings
- DNS Cache Snooping in a Single Command
- Get Flash Player working once and for all on 64-bit Ubuntu
computerworld.com: There are plenty of remarkable open-source applications on the way this year. Quite a few projects are quietly (or not so quietly) working on major releases or significant upgrades that they aim to make available sometime during 2009. I've rounded up 25 of the most notable here.
ddj.com: An analysis of 1,311 open source projects revealed that open source developers reused code from those projects in other projects more than 365,000 times, saving the open source community over 316,000 staff years and tens of billions of dollars in development costs.