- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||22/10/2013 - 2:57pm|
|Story||Dozens and Dozens of Distros: Is It Too Much of a Good Thing?||srlinuxx||22/10/2013 - 1:12am|
|Story||Q&A: Clement Lefebvre: The man behind Linux Mint||srlinuxx||22/10/2013 - 1:10am|
|Story||Torvalds Smashes the Fedora Project, Calls Them Stupid||srlinuxx||22/10/2013 - 1:08am|
|Story||Seven Things You Can Do in KDE (But Not on Other Linux Desktops)||srlinuxx||22/10/2013 - 1:05am|
|Story||Interesting facts about Ubuntu||srlinuxx||22/10/2013 - 1:04am|
|Story||John Carmack thinks the Steam Machine’s biggest problem is Linux||srlinuxx||22/10/2013 - 1:03am|
|Story||DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 530||srlinuxx||21/10/2013 - 7:49pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||21/10/2013 - 7:47pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||18/10/2013 - 4:10pm|
Which distros cooperate the best? We take 4 distros at a time and put them all on a LAN to see how well they perform individually and collaboratively.
celettu.wordpress: Amongst Linux users, there’s a shared feeling that any Linux OS is superior by far to anything Microsoft produces. There’s a lot of talk about converting people to Linux, and the best way to do that. But actually, it’s very easy. Here are some tips.
- Interview: openSUSE's Product Manager On Today's Release of openSUSE 11.0
- A Quick Look at the Latest openSUSE Offering
- Giveaway: OpenSUSE 11.0 box set with all the trimmings
- The Next Million Mozillians
- Mozilla investigates critical Firefox 3.0 bug
- Mozilla already working on a Firefox 3 security fix
- New Firefox claims victory, but is it a record?
- Why I Think Firefox Is Better than Flock
- Firefox 3 fans cry foul as first vulnerability reported
- The Best Firefox Feature You'll Overlook
- Edit Wiki Pages with a Firefox Button
- Crazy Like a Firefox
linux.com: Despite a variety of open source testing tools, until recently there wasn't an easy way to measure and compare the performance of two Linux-powered machines. Phoronix Test Suite (PTS), released this month, addresses this -- and how! Using the suite you can gauge and compare multiple Linux-powered machines to find out if a particular setup is better than another for a particular task, such as hosting a Web server or playing games.
Also: Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.1 Released
linux.com: Linux Mint is a heavily customized community-driven derivative built on top of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. According to the creators, its purpose is "to produce an elegant, up-to-date, and comfortable GNU/Linux desktop distribution." Although Mint is a great desktop, a few problems keep it from perfection.
- Review: Novell OpenSUSE 11 Is For Power Users
- What's new in openSUSE 11.0
- OpenSUSE 11.0 proves chameleons can take on Herons any day
- Installing openSUSE 11.0 - From GNOME or KDE Live CD
- openSUSE 11 the perfect Ubuntu replacement (openSUSE vs Ubuntu)
- Novell Joins Microsoft Server Virtualization Validation Program
- Firefox 3.0: A Testament to the Power of the Crowd
- Tweak Firefox 3 full page zoom
- Firefox 3 - triumph or disaster?
- Red Hat Summit keynotes: Wednesday, June 18
- Red Hat chief: We're 'tough to do business with'
- Red Hat and the Linux Desktop 2008
linuxformat.co.uk: Bang on schedule, the new major release of OpenSUSE is here. Read on for our look at the new features, how it performs on the desktop, and what challenges it faces with Ubuntu and Fedora also in the ring...
opensuse.org: The openSUSE Project is proud to announce the release of openSUSE 11.0 — everything you need to get started with Linux on the desktop and on the server. Promoting the use of Linux everywhere, the openSUSE Project provides free, easy access to the world’s most usable Linux distribution, openSUSE.
phoronix.com: Less than a year ago we shared with you the revolutionary steps AMD was taking to deliver significant improvements to their once infamous proprietary Linux display driver. This has been truly phenomenal to see, but AMD has now evolved their Linux support by taking it a large step further.
Also: Latest ATI Linux Driver Introduces Support for YUY2 and UYVY
FreeBSD 7.0 has already been released. If you are a real hacker, the best way to jump in and learn it is hacking together an introductory kernel module. In this article I’ll implement a very basic module that prints a message when it is loaded, and another when it is unloaded.
opensuse.org: In this final Sneak Peeks article we will be taking a look at some of the other improvements making their way into openSUSE 11.0.
Also: Review of OpenSUSE 11.0
i.justrealized.com: Third day straight in Ubuntu. The lack of oxygen and the familiar ALT-Tab interface made breathing hard. Half the population has already been wiped out and an enemy space ship appeared out of no where to hold some of us hostage, I had to sacrifice my brother to escape being a hostage.
linuxinsider.com: Most anyone in the free and open source software realm can tell you not only that Linux is better than Windows, but also that it is an optimal alternative to the closed-source and proprietary operating system from Microsoft. Anyone at a Linux-oriented event or group can assure you that you have no need or even legitimate reason to continue using commercial operating systems nowadays.
computerworld.com.au: A team of experts and students from NICTA and the University of NSW have won first place in a major international technology competition for developing a robotically operated, computer-driven clarinet that runs on Linux.
tectonic.co.za: The OpenSuse development team will today release version 11.0 of its open source operating system, an OS that could well be seen as the biggest threat to Ubuntu Linux domination. Faster installations, better package management and top-notch multimedia support are just some of the things that make OpenSuse a significant release.
Also: OpenSUSE 11.0 Now Available - updates, repos, and gory details
- How to cancel NVIDIA logo on booting
- How-To: Use KDE4 Oxygen Icons in KDE3
- Using ZFS though FUSE
- Basic Installation Security Guidelines For Linux and Unix - Part 1a
- Shoot a terminal and install a ball
- Firefox 3 mentioned on the Colbert Report
- 9 tweaks for Firefox 3’s location bar
- Firefox 3 Install Firebug Addon Software