- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||KDE Network Manager: Details sorted||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 3:19am|
|Story||Kubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr : Video Review and Screenshot Tour||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 2:52am|
|Story||DosBox 0.1.4 – For ChromeOS!||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 2:42am|
|Story||Ubuntu AIO DVD Has All Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Flavors on One Disk||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 1:39am|
|Story||AV Linux Dazzles Both Eyes and Ears||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 1:34am|
|Story||Chromebooks to go offline as Intel moves inside||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 12:54am|
|Story||KDE kicks off wallpaper contest for the next Plasma||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 12:50am|
|Story||Huawei launches ultra-slim Ascend P7 Android phone||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 12:44am|
|Story||Death of net neutrality: Is Mozilla barking up the wrong tree?||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 12:39am|
|Story||GoboLinux 015||Rianne Schestowitz||09/05/2014 - 12:30am|
- Which Linux Superhero Are You?
- Crysis Wars Linux Server Released
- Ubuntu 8.10: In-Depth Look
- Unix And Linux Humor - Cult Satire
- How to open and close the CD DVD tray
- Ubuntu Linux: Watch and Play BBC & YouTube
- Aaron Seigo: What will be 4.2
- In Depth: Fedora 10 Preview
- CAOS Theory Podcast 2008.11.07
- Fix Unresponsive or Frozen Linux Computers using Shortcuts
- Ask Linux.com: Historical Linux, hardware for tomorrow
- Check Your Mysql Server Performance with MySQLTuner
- Stable kernel 126.96.36.199
- All Linux Distro’s Links/Online Guides/Forums
- SSH Password Tripwire
- USB-Creator: a great new tool in Ubuntu’s arsenal
- arrow keys not working with vmware
- Intel Pushes Out New GEM, KMS Patches
- Stupefying Linux and Unix Humor
- OpenSolaris 2008.11 on Ubuntu 8.10 using Sun xVM VirtualBox
nothingbutsoftware.com: Blender is a free 3D graphics application. It can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water simulations, skinning,animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications.
bushweed.blogspot: On my default KDE 4.1.x ( unstable ) install, mounting DVDs or CDs has never worked. Tonight i decided to find out why.
opensuse.org: Issue #45 of openSUSE Weekly News is now out. In this week’s issue: Lukas Ocilka: YaST-Mascot Contest-How to submit your ideas, openSUSE News: OpenOffice.org Fix for openSUSE 11.1 Beta 4, and openSUSE 11.1-Plasma-Desktop-Toolbox.
- Taking a Break with Ubuntu 8.1
- Ubuntu 8.10 does away with xorg.conf
- Ubuntu 8.10: Success
- Intrepid Ibex aka Ubuntu 8.10
- Using UNetbootin To Get Puppy On A Stick
- Secure Delete in nautilus menu ( gnome )
- New Amarok Scripted Services Tutorial
- 5 Things to Do Before Upgrade to Ubuntu Linux Intrepid
- Fedora Classroom sessions start today
- Installing broadcom wireless in ubuntu
- HOWTO: 96.43.09, graphics fully working in Ubuntu 8.10
- Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Tips
- Install Emerald 3D themes and make it active on Ubuntu
- Install and Run Ubuntu on VMWare Player
- Playing with (.exe) files in Ubuntu..
stormyscorner.com: The thing that's disappointing to me is that they all have their own Linux distribution. As a matter of fact, the Eee PC I talk about so much, comes with a custom version of Xandros. So why is this?
junauza.com: Linux just keeps popping up on many of the popular gadgets that are hogging the limelight nowadays. However, there are some that don't flaunt Linux around, like the Amazon Kindle. Not that they have to, but well, allow me to do it for them here anyway.
smspillaz.wordpress: So, I decided to put the last few days to good use, here is a summary of what I have done so far.
phoronix.com: We've checked out ATI's Radeon HD 4550 low-end graphics card already and found it to be a nice solution for Linux users on a budget, but how does NVIDIA's competitor contend? In this review we are looking at the NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT from Sparkle.
cpilive.net: Red Hat has announced the expansion of its international presence with the opening of an office in Dubai. The new office will provide support for its growing customer base in the Middle East and Africa and enable Red Hat to leverage experts with local knowledge to meet new business demands in the region.
linuxloop.com: An article published in iTWire titled “Opinion: why Linux sucks at being user friendly” has been drawing a lot of attention recently. I am going to start by responding to each of the author’s points and then pointing out what I think the overall problem is.
linux-hardcore.com: I like speed and stability. To be honest I find Gnome and Kde do not live up to my perception of speed, so I choose Xfce and Fluxbox.
computingtech.blogspot: In most Linux systems, your default shell is the bash shell. There are many other shells, and you can activate a different one by simply typing the new shell’s command (ksh, tcsh, csh, sh, bash, and so forth) from the current shell.
- Using Your Linux Computer As A UPnP AV Server (Part 3)
- How will Windows 7 affect Linux?
- stats.larrythecow.org — what’s installed on your box?
- Is Smolt the Key to Counting Linux Users?
- Where to find royalty-free cliparts for OpenOffice.org?
- Open Source enterprise to facilitate University Education
- Back to the roots with Gentoo...
- Ubuntu Podcast Episode #11
- Ballmer’s upside down thinking on open source
- Notes in OpenOffice.org 3.0 Writer
- Linux print server enhances library printing
- Supercharging a home network with Amahi
- Open Source Software and Africa
- Having more than 4GB of RAM on x86 Linux
- Open Letter to Richard Stallman
- Mepis 7.0- My Distro of Choice
- Russia and Cuba Unite Against Microsoft
- Gollem: A Web-based file manager for back-end data
- Kernel tcp_output “work around” implemented for openSUSE 11.1 Beta 5
- Origin of Famous Linux Distibutions
popsci.com: About seven years ago, I tried to free myself from the oppression and misery of running Windows ME by installing Linux on my PC. Ever installed the Linux operating system? It’s not for the faint of heart. So, when it was recently reported that Linux-based netbooks are being returned at a rate four-times higher than their Windows-based brethren, I can’t say I was surprised.
blogs.opennms.org: We were finally able to release the next stable version of OpenNMS, 1.6.0, at the end of October, but I wasn’t able to write about it. Getting a new stable release out can be painful. Anyway, here’s a short overview of all the work that went in to 1.6.0.
stormyscorner.com: Often when people talk about open source software businesses they immediately think about companies like Jboss or MySQL. All these companies – and many more - successfully use GNOME technologies to improve their business. How does that work? What is GNOME and what about it makes it good for businesses and society?
- Ubuntu 8.10 and OpenOffice.org 3.0
- Ubuntu Special Characters
- Why choose Ubuntu 8.10 as a server?
- Installing Ubuntu 8.10 In 12 Easy Steps
- Ubuntu from your flash drive - easier than ever before
- Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex
- 50 amazing Ubuntu time-saving tips