- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Linux Kernel 3.12.21 LTS Officially Released||Rianne Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 6:02pm|
|Story||New Sandboxing Features Come To Systemd||Rianne Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 5:49pm|
|Story||Linux 3.16: New Synaptics Driver, Improved Sony DualShock 4 Driver||Rianne Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 5:02pm|
|Story||Nouveau On Linux 3.16 Will Allow You To Try Re-Clocking||Rianne Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 3:43pm|
|Story||Pi-based private cloud storage device runs Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 3:38pm|
|Story||today's leftovers||Roy Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 3:34pm|
|Story||Enlightenment 0.19 Now In Alpha With Better Wayland Support||Rianne Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 3:32pm|
|Story||today's howtos||Roy Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 3:29pm|
|Story||FreeBSD 9.3 Beta 1 Gets Support for Apple MacBook Products||Rianne Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 3:29pm|
|Story||Leftovers: Software||Roy Schestowitz||04/06/2014 - 3:28pm|
- The GNOME Journal
- Linux Outlaws 65 - Engage Crap Mode
- My Thanksgiving/Holiday giveaway - Ubuntu
- 5 things Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex cannot do
- The Lazy System Administrator’s Way to Virtualize
- Gentoo love / hate
- Linux Has to Support Closed-Source Drivers
- Reducing IT Costs with Linux
- Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase II: This Time Its Personal
- A great time to start an open source company
- Death, Taxes, And Open Source Business Models
- Linux powers free-to-air (FTA) satellite box
- Open source within the firewall
- Desktop Shells, Usability and Trackers. Oh My.
- The Turkish Pardus Linux Distribution
- Awesome bubble bobble clone, bubbros
- hardinfo: A Linux Info and Synthetic Benchmark Collection
- Free as in Freedom, Not Free as in Freeloader
- Linux shows staying power on Top500
- The 10 most useful Linux commands
- Stop Compiz-Fusion From Loading Automatically
- Python: Manipulate string or binary bytes with StringIO
- Guide to Ubuntu Linux for Windows Users
- Enable Medibuntu in Ubuntu 8.10
- Less is more in modern X
- 8 Ways to get help with Ubuntu Linux
- Interrogating a Linux Machine
- Cifs problem in Gentoo
- TiddlyWiki derivatives help you get things done
- Triple your audio volume in MPlayer
- Quick And Easy Local Filesystem Troubleshooting For SUSE Linux
- Testing the Linux Waters - Live CD vs Dual Boot
- How to hide or protect folders in Ubuntu linux
junauza.com: Workrave is a free and open source software application aimed at computer users who are suffering from occupational diseases such as Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) and carpal tunnel syndrome.
linux.com: Making labels for DVDs and their cases is an often overlooked task. Many discs are lucky to have some terse information quickly scrawled on them after burning. But there are some fine open source applications available for creating labels for CD-ROM and DVD disks and printing jewel case inserts.
- Fedora Screenshots
- Video: Spotlight on Network Manager
- Fedora does FIPS
- Fedora 10 mini-review
tuxvaio.blogspot: This little marvel runs Ubuntu 8.10 in very much the same way as the Aspire One runs on Hardy Heron. A couple of things need tweaking however.
computerworld.com: Mozilla Corp. will probably add a third beta to the development schedule for Firefox 3.1 to get a better handle on remaining bugs and give several new features.
- Fedora 10 Review, and Feature Roundup
- Rock-solid Fedora 10 brings salvation to Ubuntu weary
- Red Hat's winning Fedora 10 Linux arrives
- Security Breach Can't Halt Fedora 10's Debut
- Fedora 10 Upgrade
royal.pingdom.com: There are lots of vintage ad collections out there, and it’s always a fun to look through them. For your viewing pleasure, we have handpicked nine of the most fun, creative or just plain weird computer ads we have ever seen.
frields.org/~paul: A word about statistics: Fedora continues to be completely open and transparent about the ways we gather statistics and the ways we present them. We don’t document these statistics for purposes of competition, but because we believe our community and our sponsors are invested and interested in knowing some of the end results of the work they do in Fedora.
ericsbinaryworld.com/blog: People often groan when they hear of someone making another game of Tetris, Window Manager, or audio program. After all, people ask, “Do we really need another? Why can’t you just contribute to fixing annoying bug X in gTetris/KDE/xmms?” I’ve always been on the side of the argument that said - “So what! But why create another?
linuxformat.co.uk: Fedora 10 has just been released to the waiting masses. Andy Hudson takes the distro for an early test run, exploring the new features and seeing how it stacks up against the other major players in the Linux league...
Also: Upgrading to the newest Fedora release
lifehacker.com: Say hey again to Keir Thomas, author of the new book Ubuntu Kung Fu, who stopped by to share some more of the best material from the book, in a follow-up to his post, Some Productive Ubuntu Kung Fu.
linuxgeeksunited.blogspot: Every once in a while we see discussions on the method and manner of migrating from one Operating System to Linux.
beranger.org: Hopefully Martin won't get upset because of this post, but reading Changelogs is sometimes funnier, bolder and more informative than reading a blog!
zdnet.com/Murphy: There is no OSS accounting… solutions worth a hoot. This is the main reason we still run so many Windows machines in the office. Of course this is the main drawback of any OSS adoption. There is a serious lack of good applications.
YATS, Yet Another Technology Site: You have read such posts again & again... So read Yet Another!
vzdump is a backup and restore utility for OpenVZ VMs. This tutorial shows how you can use it to clone/back up/restore virtual machines with vzdump.
- Gentoo recruiting randomness
- Switching from FrontPage to KompoZer
- Red Hat offers Linux-wary Unix shops long-term support in Japan
- 8,000 TuxTop models and counting
- Collaborative Effort Helps Linux "Distros" Obtain IPv6 Certification
- Can adoption of GNU/Linux help recession?
- Linux hops on STD bus
- Open source Untangle guard union's privacy
- Are you sure you don’t just want to use Ubuntu?
- DataForm adds efficient input to OpenOffice.org Calc
- Disney using Drupal
- Interview with Dustin Kirkland: Ubuntu Server Developer
- Is the era of open source legal stupidity over?
- The problem with dual licensing
- One More Reason for Linux Lovers to Give Thanks
- Thumbs up for Ubuntu 8.10
- Robotic arm runs Linux
- Get to the root of Ubuntu
- Ubuntu Prelinking
- OOo: Simple Labels
- Installing PHP cairo wrapper under Mandriva 2009.0
- Building an OpenBSD Gateway - Part 2
- Debug your shell scripts with bashdb
- password protect OpenOffice.org documents
- Check Package Dependencies with apt-rdepends on Ubuntu
- Better Firefox in KDE4
- Minimize All Your Applications To The System Tray In Ubuntu
- Receive Large Files with Droopy
- Getting Started with Linux
- Vi mode in bash