- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||some odds & ends:||srlinuxx||06/08/2013 - 8:24pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||06/08/2013 - 5:33pm|
|Story||some howtos:||srlinuxx||06/08/2013 - 5:05pm|
|Story||Xubuntu XMir ISOs Available||srlinuxx||06/08/2013 - 4:19am|
|Story||Kali Linux – the distro for security geeks||srlinuxx||06/08/2013 - 4:07am|
|Story||GNOME 3.10 to be Offered for Wayland Beside X||srlinuxx||06/08/2013 - 4:06am|
|Story||How to install a fully portable desktop on a USB for on-the-go access||srlinuxx||05/08/2013 - 9:07pm|
|Story||Compiz vs. KWin: Which Window Manager Is Better?||srlinuxx||05/08/2013 - 9:05pm|
|Story||6 Games Set to Land On Steam for Linux Soon||srlinuxx||05/08/2013 - 9:03pm|
|Story||Funny And Interesting Linux Commands – Part II||srlinuxx||05/08/2013 - 5:28pm|
- Galeon: It's like Firefox for Spartans
- Linux appliance distro rev'd
- Study Formal Linux Course While Working
- Three-step approach boosts Linux security, admin's control
- Popular open source spam filter gets boost
- Race Started, Vote Now for your fav distro
- Are open source advocates growing soft over Microsoft?
- Autoconf: The Unsung Hero of Source Code Compatibility
- Announcing Exherbo!
- Open source code examined
This document describes how to upgrade your desktop from Fedora 8 to Fedora 9 via PreUpgrade. PreUpgrade provides a frontend that allows the user to easily download all packages that are needed for the distribution upgrade, and then perform the distribution upgrade.
- Eight Things Microsoft Can And Should Do To Be More 'Open'
- Worry About Integration, Not Installation
- To Market, To Market
- Cohen’s negotiated open source idea moving ahead
- Open Source, by Any Other Name….
- Perl Search and Replace
- RPM -e Error Specifies Multiple Packages
- How to Replace Nautilus with PCMan File Manager in Ubuntu
- How to find which service is listening on a given port
- Make Older Add-Ons Work with Firefox 3.0
- Essential commands for Linux network administration
- potrace: Transform bitmap images into vector graphics
- Ping or nmap to identify machines on the LAN
- Tainted Perl On Linux or Unix - Helping You Protect You From Yourself
- Who will win open source professor cage match?
- Revenge is (Sugar) Sweet
- Should Sugar be put out to pasture?
opensuse.org: Attention openSUSE users and contributors! It’s time to exercise your vote and help the openSUSE team identify the bugs that need to be squashed prior to the openSUSE 11.0 release. On May 22nd, we’re having a bug voting day to help ensure we identify the most troublesome issues.
linuxjournal.com: Linus Torvalds tells the story of how he went from writing code as a graduate student in Helsinki in the early 1990s to becoming an icon for open source software by the end of the decade.
theregister.co.uk: The latest episode of our Open Season podcast series is live for your enjoyment. This time, former Sleepycat/Oracle bigwig Mike Olson joins us and provides clarity across our mess of discussion. What do we talk about?
arstechnica.com: Mozilla has issued the first official release candidate of Firefox 3, the next major version of the popular open source web browser. Firefox 3 includes a visual refresh as well as a multitude of exciting new features and significant improvements. Our testing indicates that this release candidate is fairly robust and ready for extensive testing.
blogs.the451group: It’s not often that I can go to a friend or community gathering and get the chance to talk open source with new people. But last weekend, while attending a baby shower, it went beyond the usual, flimsy open source familiarity. I met a man who actually uses Linux.
it-director.com: At a time of stability and excellent support in the Linux world, we can look back at the revolution over the last few years and wonder how we got here.
liberidu.com: While being in Greece (2, 3 weeks ago), my nephew asked if I could install Ubuntu on his desktop. His desktop already contained Windows Vista Home Edition and I was not so sure if it would work to install a dual boot environment.
linux.com: A new advocacy group, the Public Software Foundation (PSF), is working to make free and open source software available to local libraries so it can be checked out and used just like a book or video. The premise is simple: hand out one CD and maybe you've taught one person; make it available in a library and perhaps you'll reach hundreds or thousands.
mssaleh.wordpress: I wanted to compare Windows XP to Ubuntu Linux in terms of applications performance. A lot has happened since; Ubuntu 8.04 came out, Microsoft finalized their third service pack for Windows XP, and best of all I upgraded my PC. I decided to test again.
computerworlduk.com: By voting to adopt a standard based on Microsoft's OOXML document format, the Danish national standards body has approved an unknown text against the wishes of the main representatives on its own technical committee.
linux.com: With Fedora 9, the Fedora project continues its tradition of being the most innovative major distribution, combining new applications from other distributions as well as its own inventions. However, in no other release has Fedora walked the line between leading edge and bleeding edge so precariously.
Also: Hands on: The changing face of Fedora
blogs.techtarget.com: Astrum Inc., a software security company in Carrollton, Texas, has filed suit against Novell Inc. Astrum claims that Novell violated its contract regarding development of the mini-operating system appliance that Novell launched last month, Novell’s JeOS.
- How to Install Cursor Themes
- Make icons on your fluxbox desktop with idesk
- How to Download Embedded Videos
- Sorting your data with msort
- Twittering from OpenOffice.org
- Finding weak OpenSSL/OpenSSH keys
- OOo: How to lay out a page using tables and two or more columns
- Using Nokia 6110 on Ubuntu
- MP3 on Fedora 9
- Installing mod_python and Django on Apache
lizards.opensuse.org: Today, I give the beta 3 testing on my testing PC at work. As noticed by Coolo in beta 3 announcement, the live installation running well without problem. I most likely using live installation than the DVD install because the live install is more faster and just need a few question.
Matt Asay: Wow. It's tough to be CEO of a multi-billion dollar software company these days, what with it being so difficult to extend desktop monopoly to the web and getting egged during speeches....