- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Today in Techrights||Roy Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 5:31pm|
|Story||Enlightenment 1.9.0-alpha1 Pre-release: MYSTERY RELEASE 2K14||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 8:53am|
|Story||Is Microsoft Considering Windroid?||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 8:41am|
|Story||Mageia 4 review – Cinnamon, GNOME 3, KDE and MATE desktops||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 7:10am|
|Story||Ads in Firefox, Debian init, and Rolling Releases||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 4:32am|
|Story||Ubuntu mobile takes two steps forward, one step backward||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 3:53am|
|Story||Valve Releases Source Code For Their Virtual Reality API||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 3:35am|
|Story||Fake Debian Developers Are Trying to Get Steam Keys from Valve||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 2:44am|
|Story||Publisher Transformation with Users at the Center||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 2:24am|
|Story||Steam client update ‘dramatically’ improves in-home experience||Rianne Schestowitz||13/02/2014 - 1:47am|
newlinuxuser.com: I am not sure what Promoting Linux is all about but everything was so exaggerated I ended up laughing! Let me share some stuff that made me laugh:
linux.com: Glacier Computer is offering two Linux distributions as options on its Everest PCs. The company announced this month it is offering customers a choice of IGEL Linux or Fedora Linux distributions.
fred.dao2.com: I finally did it! Been talking about ditching Ubuntu for ages and never found the time (you know… backup, new install, restore, get familiar, etc.).
vivapinkfloyd.blogspot: Since I'm an IRC addict and I always liked to spend time learning new stuff on IRC, here is a review of several IRC clients for Linux. Some of them are well-known and popular, like XChat, Konversation or Irssi, and others are not so widely used or known, but nevertheless, they deserve mentioning.
fsckin.com: Another linux zealot at my old job gave me the heads up on this, it’s directly from gnome-cups-manager, and I thought you would all enjoy it. The only question is what illicit substances were not consumed during the writing of this file.
brajeshwar.com: It is a matter of fact that you’ll find more articles on Linux HOW-TO’s than for any other operating system! Have you tried to figure out the reason behind this?
- Mandriva working with Emtec to create innovative Gdium computers
- Free Software and ‘Politics’
- Sunday Unix/Linux Jokes - A Fair Match
- linux version of boxee is available
- Review of "Nmap Network Scanning"
- Python Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Linux Mint 5.0 Light Review
- Atheros Releases 802.11n Linux Driver
- ath9k - Atheros unveils free Linux driver for its 802.11n devices
- Not sure what to buy for Wireless? Buy Atheros
- Apple CEO Jobs' life not in danger: report
- Steve Jobs is healthy
- Putting the Sneer Before the Scoop: Joe Nocera and Steve Jobs
- Linux Mint: With Freedom Came Elegance, and Some Pain
- I Bid Adieu, Ubuntu
- Review: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa XFCE Community Edition RC1
- Ubuntu upgrade woes
penguinpetes.com: It's been a busy week for me. It's been one of those weeks where all the machines in the house gang up on me and demand attention at once. One of the computers ran out of hard drive space. So I had a bigger hard drive with four times the disk space handy, and swapped them. The steps:
blog.earneasypro: I tried all major Distros like Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, DreamLinux etc. But most of them didn't detect my wifi card. Few of them did detect my wifi card correctly but still there was no option to Configure or to make my WLAN work so that was useless. I finally tried Mandriva Linux One 2008 Spring.
dannychoo.com: I just wanted to share with you all my life changing experience. I always trusted Microsoft and Microsoft only. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why people talked of Linux as though it were the best thing since the Tenga devices. Finally, my curiosity was peaked and I purposed in my mind to install a dual boot.
- Ubuntu / Vista dual boot installation on a Sony VGN-FZ
- Mixing A Podcast In Ardour - Part 5, Part 6
- Setup ATI Graphics with AIGLX Rendering in openSUSE 11.0 for Compiz
- Setup Intel Graphics card with AIGLX Rendering for Compiz-Fusion
- Setup nVidia Graphics card with AIGLX rendering for openSUSE 11.0
maniaravings.com/blog: I bought my Thinkpad in 2001. It’s an i series 1300 and it came with modest configuration. For most of its lifetime, it has run Windows XP. My Thinkpad began to show signs of aging in 2006. I decided to try out Kubuntu.
dot.kde.org: The Amarok team is proud to present the second Alpha of Amarok 2.0. Development is moving at full speed and a lot of bugs have been fixed since Alpha 1, as well as features polished.
dev.compiz-fusion.org: The X server technology that gave us Compiz, resulting possibly in inspiration of KDE4’s kwin effects - Xgl is no more. Xgl will also not be shipped on openSUSE 11.1 and SUSE Linux Enterprise 11.
phoronix.com: Since VIA announced their open-source strategy earlier this year, all they had provided was a simple kernel frame-buffer driver. However, VIA has now made available three programming guides that cover their PadLock, CX700, and VX800/820 products.
opensource.org: Gandhiji said "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." If we do not allow Microsoft to join us, we can never "win".
- Where have you been my whole life? (Pkgfiles script)
- Cloud Computing: When Computers Really Do Rule
- Mandriva 2008.1 on the Eee
- When the Pros Are Out to Lunch, the Rabble Take Over
- Open source + open data = Open cloud
- Banshee, Music Player by Day, Comedian by Night