- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
arstechnica: Trolltech has released the Qt 4.4.0 technical preview, a pre-release that allows software developers to begin experimenting with the new features that the company has implemented for the next version. Qt is an open source development toolkit that simplifies cross-platform application development.
raiden's realm: One of the things that has been a strong point of Open Source Software (OSS) for years, even if it hasn't been held at the forefront of the battle, is the flexibility that OSS offers.
earthweb.com: "You must be mad," Gary Trudeau says in a self-interview in one of his Doonesbury collections, when he raises the subject of political predictions. "I only do post-mortems."
osweekly: How long did you think it would take for an Ubuntu-based machine to make it into Walmart, complete with Google applications scattered all over the place? Apparently it was sooner than we had expected.
- Howto Setup iTunes-compatible Media server in Ubuntu
- Installing Django with PostgreSQL on Ubuntu
- Ubuntu on Notebooks : Temperature Monitoring and Power Managing
- A visual GRUB configuration editor
- How to Play Half-Life 2 on Ubuntu
- Console Framebuffer in Ubuntu
- mytop: a top clone for MySQL
- 2007 Roundup: Open source comes of age
- Gentoo SonyEricsson USB Cable DCU-11 driver
- Umeebee + OLPC = Safe Place for Internet Kids
- Will Patent Battles End Free Linux?
- Richard Stallman - The Santa of Software
- Nixcraft's Most Emailed Linux FAQ in 2007
- Ubuntu on my HP Laptop...
- Ubuntu on the rise
- Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
- Installing Ruby and Ruby on Rails in Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
- Prelude to Ubuntu on an Acer Aspire 4320
Penguin Pete: I guess I'll make a Christmas tradition out of posting links to online game sites that I've found enjoyable this year. Shuffle - Nice little board game where you hit opponent's balls off the board while trying to keep your own on the board. The computer plays against you, and it's surprisingly strategic.
arun-prabha.com: I got the Maxtor OneTouch4 500 GB external hard drive during the Thanksgiving deal. Maxtor uses it's own software to access/backup files from/to the external drive.
watchingthenet.com: It's time to get away from your Computer and Internet problems (Ho Ho Ho, hopefully Santa fixed you Computer today!) and enjoy these great Computer parodies of 'The Night Before Christmas'.
iTWire: Five days ago, three members of the free and open source software community finally heaved a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat from their brows after winning a battle they had waged for years.
thetechandcents.com: I just read a post by Lucas Nussbaum, where he complains about the fact, that there are some Ubuntu deviations, which have different names. I find this irrational.
readthisaloud.wordpress: Ok, this time I’ll show you how to make one of these bad boys, an animated banner logo. The first one is actually a bit trickier as it involves a lot more layers than the other one, but I’ll explain that later.
blogs.sun.com: My 71 year-old father has agreed to try Ubuntu on his home PC. He has used Windows for years, but after his XP system became so infected with viruses and other malware that I needed to wipe his system, he's willing to try Linux. I've promised I'll reload XP if this experiment fails.
crunchgear.com: So you’re ready to try Linux but you don’t have a DVD burner or the ability to download large files. What’s a body to do? Well, you can try the Zonbu notebook, a fairly inexpensive Everex laptop with 1.5GHz VIA C7-M and 512MB and 60GB of hard drive space and running Zonbu OS, a Gentoo Linux variant with a full set of open source productivity and gaming apps.
phoronix: In 2005 we started our annual AYiR (A Year in Review) articles for looking at the progress of the proprietary ATI and NVIDIA Linux display drivers over time (NVIDIA 2005, NVIDIA 2006). Now in our third year of doing this, it's time to see how NVIDIA's binary driver has panned out over the past year.
rutsum.blogspot: Now that I'm back on PCLinuxOS, I feel a lot more comfortable with my PC, and my productivity (if I do something productive, that is) has increased 10 folds, as compared to Windows XP, and just about a billion times if compared to Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.
iTWire: Jacinta Richardson is one woman who admits to definitely being a geek. But that hasn't got in the way of her being the organiser of the only non-geek event of the 2008 Australian national Linux conference - Open Day.
- Use Apt-mirror to Create Your Own Ubuntu Mirror
- Lynis - Security and system auditing tool
- Change the Console Codepage in Ubuntu
- Routing with Ubuntu
- AWN installation in ubuntu gutsy gibbon
- Setup Hamachi on Fedora 8
- How to Share a single keyboard, mouse, and clipboard between Windows and UNIX machines
- HOWTO set up NUT 2.2.0 on Gentoo Linux for Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD USB UPS
weblog.infoworld: It's old news now that longtime Red Hat CEO Matthew Szulik is resigning the CEO position and has appointed the former COO from Delta Airlines Jim Whitehurst. However, I've long suspected that Szulik wanted out.