- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
opsamericas.com: So I decided to try an experiment, and participated in the G1G1 (Give 1, Get 1) program from the OLPC (One Laptop Per Child) project. At first glance, it looks like a very small version of the Mac clamshell laptops.
- Bullet proof your server #1 - Apache
- How to change the background color of your screen in Ubuntu
phoronix: Normally at Phoronix we don't look at any digital photography products, but the DXG-110 from DXG USA had caught our attention as being the first 10 megapixel digital camera available for under $200 USD. In this article we are also looking at some of the photo management programs available to Linux users.
phoronix: Along side Ubuntu Studio and other multimedia-oriented distributions, Musix is a Debian-based distribution led by Argentinian developers that is currently at version 1.0.
Groklaw: I was reading some cynical documents just filed in the LANCOR v. OLPC litigation. Yes, it's begun in a Nigerian court. LANCOR has actually done it.
Jatecblog: One of the primary strengths of Firefox is its extensions. Sure if they aren't programmed well they can end up draining memory from your system and such, but they can still be rather useful. Here are a few extensions that I consider to help my productivity greatly.
kmandla.wordpress: Kazehakase can be more fun than a bag of cats. Here’s something nifty you can do with it, with a minimum of effort.
howtogeek.com: Everybody makes New Year's resolutions, and I wonder how many of you made the resolution to waste less time browsing the internet? If so, here's an easy way to track the amount of time you spend online.
linux.com: Thanks to the OpenPrinting Database and the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS), printer support on GNU/Linux is much easier than it was at the turn of the millennium. However, one area in which support still lags is in the detection of ink levels in inkjet printers.
newlinuxuser.com: I was chatting with a friend who just installed Windows on the EEE PC. If it’s easy to learn and easy to use, how come people are still installing Windows on the EEE PC?
humorix.org: It seemed like a simple experiment. Put a million monkeys in front of a million Linux boxes and see how long it would take for them to generate a Shakesperian play or a useful Perl script. So far, the project has been a bust.
- Mount ISO Image File (.ISO) with Gmount-iso
- From dual boot to virtual machine with Ubuntu and Windows
- Essential Command Line Apps For Common Tasks
- ET: Quake Wars v1.4 For Linux This Week
- KDE 4, Mandriva '08, and oh... Happy New Year!
- Rediscovering my photos
- A portable mini-computer truly at a price you can afford
- Installing Fedora Core 8 on Hyper-V
- Linux Is for Kids
- Why I left Fedora (ages ago)
- 2007: That Was a Very Good (Linux) Year
- Who Is The Openest Of Them All?
- Say hello to the new KDE4 splashscreen!
- Advanced bashrc (’Turning a simple chroot into a binpkg repository’)
- Note taking with Tomboy
- Mozilla Reflections on 2007
- The Sound Of Linux 2007
- Novell Execs: Microsoft Partnership Is Working Out Just Fine
- What the X-Files Taught Us about Real Aliens
- 11 Predictions For Free Software in 2008
- Best Ten Open Source Desktop Applications of 2007
- Understanding Basic Unix File System Permissions
- AMD 790FX Phenom Chipset On Linux
- Suggestions for that old computer
- Write a DVD-Video from the Linux console
- |337 k3y f0r f1r3f0x
- Lanier’s attack on open source religion
- Beyond The Red Line - Demo Release!
- Asus Eeepc fastinit reimplementation
- For 2008 media will create Red Hat-Ubuntu war
- The importance of delivering localized Linux
- The Netscape Story: From Mosaic to Mozilla
- Configuring XGI Volari XP5 video card on a Dell Inspiron 5160
- So, just what can you do with this ASUS Eee Linux PC thing anyway?
- Sexy boot screens
- Eight Firefox extensions you don't need
- Flipping the Linux switch: KDE, the K desktop environment
- Core2Duo dream machine running Ubuntu Gutsy
- Intel 945 Video Hint
- Fancy A Slick Screensaver As Your Wallpaper?
- Ubuntu takes over Hungary too (sort of)
- The top Linux/FOSS events of 2007
- OLPC CTO Jepsen quits nonprofit effort
- Daniel Robbins: More Gentoo Stages, new OpenVZ templates
- PCLinuxOS 2007 on Thinkpad x60
- KDE is still alive in the Ubuntu Community
- New Intel Video XvMC Driver Branch
- Resize and Watermark Images in Linux
- Linux Command Reference Manual Part I
- Firefox Live Chat launching today
- N800 Users: Flash to OS2008
- 15 must-have Firefox tricks
- Songbird - a viable Linux alternative to iTunes
- Is converting a good idea?
- HOW TO: ATI w/ Compiz, Hibernate, and Suspend Working