- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||US Army invests in Linux-powered, Wi-Fi capable 'smart rifles'||Roy Schestowitz||21/01/2014 - 12:06am|
|Story||LLVM Point Releases Look Like They Will Finally Happen||Rianne Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 11:42pm|
|Story||Wayland and Weston 1.3.93 (1.4 RC)||Rianne Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 11:07pm|
|Story||Linux Kernel's Sysfs Logic Turns Into "Kernfs" For 3.14||Rianne Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 10:56pm|
|Story||Jolla outsells iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s at Finnish carrier DNA||Roy Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 10:53pm|
|Story||Google Now comes to your desktop||Roy Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 10:29pm|
|Story||Top events ahead in 2014 for abusive patent litigation||Rianne Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 10:14pm|
|Story||SCHED_DEADLINE To Be Added To Linux 3.14 Kernel||Rianne Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 10:04pm|
|Story||MATE is officially available in Arch Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 9:38pm|
|Story||FreeBSD 10.0 Has Finally Been Released||Rianne Schestowitz||20/01/2014 - 9:31pm|
humorix.org: It seemed like a simple experiment. Put a million monkeys in front of a million Linux boxes and see how long it would take for them to generate a Shakesperian play or a useful Perl script. So far, the project has been a bust.
- Mount ISO Image File (.ISO) with Gmount-iso
- From dual boot to virtual machine with Ubuntu and Windows
- Essential Command Line Apps For Common Tasks
- ET: Quake Wars v1.4 For Linux This Week
- KDE 4, Mandriva '08, and oh... Happy New Year!
- Rediscovering my photos
- A portable mini-computer truly at a price you can afford
- Installing Fedora Core 8 on Hyper-V
- Linux Is for Kids
- Why I left Fedora (ages ago)
- 2007: That Was a Very Good (Linux) Year
- Who Is The Openest Of Them All?
- Say hello to the new KDE4 splashscreen!
- Advanced bashrc (’Turning a simple chroot into a binpkg repository’)
- Note taking with Tomboy
- Mozilla Reflections on 2007
- The Sound Of Linux 2007
- Novell Execs: Microsoft Partnership Is Working Out Just Fine
- What the X-Files Taught Us about Real Aliens
- 11 Predictions For Free Software in 2008
- Best Ten Open Source Desktop Applications of 2007
- Understanding Basic Unix File System Permissions
- AMD 790FX Phenom Chipset On Linux
- Suggestions for that old computer
- Write a DVD-Video from the Linux console
- |337 k3y f0r f1r3f0x
- Lanier’s attack on open source religion
- Beyond The Red Line - Demo Release!
- Asus Eeepc fastinit reimplementation
- For 2008 media will create Red Hat-Ubuntu war
- The importance of delivering localized Linux
- The Netscape Story: From Mosaic to Mozilla
- Configuring XGI Volari XP5 video card on a Dell Inspiron 5160
- So, just what can you do with this ASUS Eee Linux PC thing anyway?
- Sexy boot screens
- Eight Firefox extensions you don't need
- Flipping the Linux switch: KDE, the K desktop environment
- Core2Duo dream machine running Ubuntu Gutsy
- Intel 945 Video Hint
- Fancy A Slick Screensaver As Your Wallpaper?
- Ubuntu takes over Hungary too (sort of)
- The top Linux/FOSS events of 2007
- OLPC CTO Jepsen quits nonprofit effort
- Daniel Robbins: More Gentoo Stages, new OpenVZ templates
- PCLinuxOS 2007 on Thinkpad x60
- KDE is still alive in the Ubuntu Community
- New Intel Video XvMC Driver Branch
- Resize and Watermark Images in Linux
- Linux Command Reference Manual Part I
- Firefox Live Chat launching today
- N800 Users: Flash to OS2008
- 15 must-have Firefox tricks
- Songbird - a viable Linux alternative to iTunes
- Is converting a good idea?
- HOW TO: ATI w/ Compiz, Hibernate, and Suspend Working
- Konqueror with latest Adobe Flash HOWTO
- sed tip: Remove All Leading Blank Spaces
- Celebrate the New Year with Comet 8P/Tuttle
- CRUX Linux on 450Mhz K6-2, 256Mb
- Good Guys do Ubuntu
- Radeon Driver Gets R500 TV-Out Support
- Check your Laptop Battery status from the command line
- Archive Games on Linux
- Efforts to promote open source software gather momentum
- Install PostgreSQL on Ubuntu 7.10
- Open Source in 2007 : Complete Coverage
- Using netcat and tar for network file transfer
- Open Source vs Proprietary: A Battle of different Kind
- Asus Brings On New Eee PC 2Gb And 8Gb Models
- End-of-year frenzy in the Linux world
According to the Dolphin webpage, Dolphin is: "a file manager for KDE focusing on usability." To expand; from my experiences with it, along with words from developers, Dolphin is a light-weight file-manager, meant to be strictly used for file-browsing. It is not meant to be a replacement for Konqueror. While it all sounds very interesting, I still have a few concerns. My main issue is the fact that the majority of the developers are against adding tabs.
- KDE 3.5.8 on Ubuntu
- Analyzing Microsoft’s OS by Linux Standards
- Book review: Official Damn Small Linux Book
- Philippine Construction Company Shifts to Linux
- Disable middle mouse pasting (sort of)
- Unboxing OLPC's XO-1 laptop
- Future AMD GPUs To Be More Open-Source Friendly?
- Shoutcast TV via VLC on Ubuntu
- can Ubuntu survive the desktop?
- One view of "here's what we've done" in Perl 6
- KDE in Ubuntu is not dead
- Quick HowTo: Install Compiz-Fusion on Gentoo
- Disappointed by Segate; Can't Trust hdparm.
- Has GNOME finally killed off KDE in the Ubuntu interface wars?
- Does Linux Still Fill a Need?
- KDE4 performance and Qt 4.4
- SAMBA, Microsoft and the real Issue
- Two scripting languages refreshed
- In Peru, a Pint-Size Ticket to Learning
- Jono Bacon: 2007 in Review, 2008 on the Drawing Board
- 2007 Highlights of Linux by Examples
- Yakuake - terminal in a Quake-style
- Howto: Accelerate Ubuntu upgrades with an ISO
- Convincing the Military to Embrace Open Source
- Linux-based Operating System In OLPC XO Not Friendly
- 7 reasons why you should use Ubuntu?
- Linux Distribution of Preference
- Turn one PC into two for free
- Zenwalk 5 Beta Screenshots
- Dr.Web for Unix is included in OSMandriva Linux 2008
- Where is Wolvix.org?
- You use Ubuntu, not Linux
- Hands On with Two Ultra-Cheap Linux Systems