muktware.com: We just launched KDE Sutra, a KDE magazine by Muktware, to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. Aaron Seigo, the Plasma project leader, has written the introductory column for the magazine launch. Here I present to you Aaron Seigo!
itwire.com: Once dead social startup Digg today announced plans for a Google Reader replacement, after conducting a massive user survey.
mandrivachronicles.blogspot: Linux interest, despite FUD, is on the rise. You can take a look at the numbers in Distrowatch. When I migrated to Linux in 2009, it took Ubuntu 2249 visits to be the first distro ranked.
- +10 Necessary Applications For Ubuntu 13.04
- Weather & Clock app visual exploration
- Install Pepper Flash for Chromium in Ubuntu
- How To Install Ubuntu 13.04 In Macbook Air
linuxinsider.com (blog safari): There's been no shortage of gloom and doom here in the Linux blogosphere lately, what with Fuduntu's demise, a fresh round of anti-FOSS FUD, and even criticisms of Linux distros' girth. So it was with particular joy that Linux bloggers received the news about the all-new BeagleBone Black.
- Censorship on Linux Sites ain't Cool
- Low Cost Chromebooks Appeal to Linux Users Not Interested in Chrome OS
- Mageia 3 Delayed Again a Bit
- Anomaly 2 marches to PC, Mac and Linux May 15
- Install Tomorrow's Technologies in Today's Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 13.10 Release Schedule
- People behind ubuntu quality: Carla
- SythOS – An experimental collaborative OS
- Linux Mint 14: First Impressions
- Shuttleworth Interview on Cloud and Mobile
- pilot: It’s in there, it’s just hiding
- 500 mile emails (hilarious!)
- Gentoo Team Isolates Udev from Systemd (eudev)
- FLOSS Weekly 250
- Compositing and “lightweight” desktops
- Vim: Tabs and Buffers
- SELinux mount options
- FreeBSD expands activities as funds flow in
- selling Linux to Windows customers is easy
- Fake Firefox Spyware Riles Mozilla
- Closure 2D Puzzle on Steam at 66% off
- Steam Linux Usage Still On The Decline
- Starting Development Of GNOME Shell, Mutter 3.10
- Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail - Remarkably unremarkable
- 13 Reasons to Deploy With Ubuntu Server (Part 3)
- Windows 8: The most important reason to switch to Linux
- Gparted 0.16.1 Fixes Another Critical Bug, Update asap
- Systemd: An Accident Waiting to Happen
- On Unity Smart Scopes Delay
linuxinsider.com: Pencil is an advanced drawing and animation tool that creates traditional, hand-drawn 2D animations and static sketches. Think of this animation/drawing application as an Etch A Sketch with colored sand on steroids.
tuxradar.com: After a decade of looking for the "year of the Linux desktop", many Linux columnists have given up. Some say it isn't coming, while others claim that Linux has simply failed on the desktop.
- rawhide week for 2013-04-30
- Use KDE's Digital Clock Widget as a World Clock
- Control and security of corporate open-source projects
- Sued Opera designer fingers Mozilla
- Jack Lumber the supernatural lumberjack now on Steam
- Linux Fest Northwest reprise
- cdcd: With a name like that…
- Slackware: Is Systemd Inevitable?
- HowTo List And Delete Iptables Rules
- Working with Stdin and Stdout
- Open Build Service version 2.4 released
- Please, stay away from rebase
- Hacking on Ubiquity, the setup
- "Await" in Python
- Ubuntu 13.04 Review – Spot the difference
- How to Disable Window Effects in Ubuntu 13.04
- Xubuntu 13.04 Review: Rock solid and stable
- 13 Reasons to Deploy With Ubuntu Server
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 314
everydaylinuxuser.com: One of the comments that is quite often made on Reddit and in other Linux forums is that there are a lot of distributions that are just re-spins of Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE etc. Suppose limits, which distributions would you save?
- Debian 7.0 Wheezy - my hands on with a pre-release build
- Lightweight Debian: LXDE Desktop From Scratch
- Debian developers set to party